Buying replacement basic phone or smartphone

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Parsley
Tourist

Buying replacement basic phone or smartphone

Post by Parsley »

Hey guys,
Unfortunately I had my iPad stolen from my hands a few nights back by a guy on a moto (I have used find my iPhone, set up a lock and set for the data to be erased once it's connected to the internet (it hasn't yet been since it was stolen at 7pm on Friday 3rd) any further tips appreciated but I've pretty much accepted the fact it shall be no more)
Anyway, I'm not crazy for technology and would like a super basic phone for purely text and call, the cheapest I could find in the big mall here was a Nokia at $40 and from a second hand shop, an unfamiliar branded phone for $35 (camphone)
Ideally I'm after a straight up Nokia 3310 for as cheap as humanly possible (I'm hoping someone has one lying around in a draw and will take pity on me) or any recommendations on where to go to buy one.. I'm on a budget of less than 20 for a basic and up to 40/50 for an old smartphone.
Thank you ever so much, I appreciate your responses in advance.
I've been living in Kampot for the past few months and just came up to the city to celebrate my birthday, so I'm still pretty fresh here in the big city. I'll be around for a few more days until I sort a next plan.. (heads off to job forum thread..)
Parlsey
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Buying replacement basic phone or smartphone

Post by General Mackevili »

Parsley wrote: I'm on a budget of less than 20 for a basic and up to 40/50 for an old smartphone.
Thank you ever so much, I appreciate your responses in advance.

I've been living in Kampot for the past few months and just came up to the city to celebrate my birthday, so I'm still pretty fresh here in the big city. I'll be around for a few more days until I sort a next plan.. (heads off to job forum thread..)
Parlsey
Happy birthday! !

In your case, I would to the area between Central Market and Sorya Shopping Center. That little area has several places selling phones in that price range.

Definitely bargain, and check a few places before deciding on one, as you might be surprised at a deal you find!

Make sure to check EVERYTHING on the phone before you leave. Ports, all buttons, speakerphone, open it up, etc.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Piwi
Expatriate

Post by Piwi »

I have a Nokia 1280 second hand but working just fine . selling it for $20.
Let me know if you want it

call me or sms me: 0884205783
VLayHo-ho-ho
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by VLayHo-ho-ho »

There is a local shop called Domrey Meas (Golden Elephant) which is a phone reseller. It is on Sihanouk Boulevard on the corner of Canadia Bank, Across the street from ABC bakery at the traffic lights where a taxi station to Vietnam is, near Psah Olympic (Olympic Market) and City Mall.

I don't know how much Clearer I can be on the directions guys.
Alternatively look it up on yp.com.kh
There was no sarcasm or malice intended during the making of this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic