31-year-old South African Teacher at Western International School, ISAK VAN SCHALKWYK, Allegedly Dies from Heart Attack

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 31-year-old South African Teacher at Western International School, ISAK VAN SCHALKWYK, Allegedly Dies from Heart Att

Post by Big'n »

Now, what was all that drug bullshit?

Just wondering how he contacted meningitis, because it's highly contagious and lethal if left untreated. Trouble is that you can have it and not know it and just like this poor soul, it will take you out.
SiemReaper1
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 31-year-old South African Teacher at Western International School, ISAK VAN SCHALKWYK, Allegedly Dies from Heart Att

Post by SiemReaper1 »

Big'n wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 am

Just wondering how he contacted meningitis, because it's highly contagious and lethal if left untreated. Trouble is that you can have it and not know it and just like this poor soul, it will take you out.
I'm no expert but I think meningitis can be spread by someone who coughs or sneezes on or near you.
Maybe this poor guy just thought he picked up some virus and it would pass.

Most men when it comes to health related issues are a bit stubborn to go see a Doctor for advice.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

PIEMAN wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:12 pm :stir: well im only saying what is very true,if your a teacher and your a clean upstanding citizen fair play to you,i drink were i want and like i say every teacher i know has a habit,you bury your head in the sand :hattip:
"lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas"

If you chose to only drink in gay bars then you could truthfully saw all the teachers you know are gay instead. I think your post says far more about you than it does teachers. Drink where ever you are most comfortable with the clientele, but if I was selling food products for a living, I would perhaps want to project a more hygienic image.

The bacteria that cause meningitis can spread when people who are infected cough or sneeze. Most people who get mild viral meningitis completely recover on their own usually within 7 to 10 days. However, people with meningitis caused by certain viruses such as herpesvirus and influenza, will usually need and get better from treatment such as an antiviral medicine. The symptoms of bacterial meningitis, which are the same as those of viral meningitis, typically develop rapidly over the course of three to seven days. The first symptoms are usually fever, vomiting, headache and feeling unwell. Limb pain, pale skin, and cold hands and feet often appear earlier than the rash, neck stiffness, dislike of bright lights and confusion.

RIP
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Big'n wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 am Now, what was all that drug bullshit?
It was an overdose.
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

And you have coordinating evidence?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic