We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by Brody »

Clutch, don't dignify fax with any further responses. It's demeaning and deep in his heart of hearts, he doesn't give a shit.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Just like to ask one question, and it is not related to this or any other forums.

Is it possible,,, or are there any forums on the internet where there are no mods. In other words a free for all, anything goes public forum.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

4chan
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

You're doing fine, CC.

This thread's started getting kind of repetitive, so i'm just going to stop reading it.

That man boob picture really can't be unseen. Ugh!!!!
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Brody wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:30 am Clutch, don't dignify fax with any further responses. It's demeaning and deep in his heart of hearts, he doesn't give a shit.
Well said, and yes, I think most would agree a response to his nonsense is just a waste of our time, as he knows damn well exactly what he's doing. He can have a week off to cool down, as he knows he's just showing his ass on here.

And again, thanks to all in the community who actually come here to DISCUSS things, and also to those who have been banned on occasion for crossing the line, but dealing with it and coming back to participate.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 pm
Don'y worry, he's not going anywhere. "Permaban this guy or I quit!" is an empty bluff by posters trying to throw their weight around. I'm pretty sure I tried that one myself once or twice on TOF. Never works.
@Brody
Cam, this is a good example of what you have been habitually banned for. It's not your vocabulary (which you already know, as you never really thought you were unjustly banned for using the word 'idiot'). It's that you clearly like alienating members here and your intent is to clearly troll contributors so that they leave. Saying 'they''re not going to do it' is clear that you are egging him on to leave. That's in direct contrast of our goal of growing this community and attracting more active members. That's like when someone says 'I'm considering jumping off this bridge into the river' and some asshat yells, 'you won't do it!' That person is clearly trying to get them to do it. Your ''intent' is often to stop discussion, not encourage it, which is poisonous to a discussion forum, and you've been around long enough to know this. Why should any forum that is trying to grow allow an individual to purposely try to alienate their members and encourage them to stop contributing? That's why you've been banned and why several members aren't thrilled to even have you on here.

In fact, pulling a stunt like this is just one more clear example of how you actively try and run off good members, so let's make this permanent this time, as you've made it clear that you don't want to play by the rules we all do. And you should really understand you aren't welcome back if your intent is to run people off, so you really need to decide if you can act decently if you come back with another username. And you're a lawyer, so you know the significance of 'intent,' as it's a legal term, which carries a lot of weight in cases, because of its importance. Why would any forum or their members want you if your clear intent is to cause dissent and run contributors off? And no, we're not targetting YOU, Cam Nivag, we wouldn't want anyone on here actively trying to run off members. And to be fair, when you do contribute, you come up with some great stuff, but that doesn't give you or anyone a 'free pass' to also try to run off fellow members.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Yerg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:50 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:47 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm Four days! I got no job, CEO and reddit are all I have.
That's sad.

I suggest: Think about what else you can do in your life. You know what sort of things you would like doing. Some ideas: Maybe you can find an NGO where you can make a positive contribution. Maybe find a poor Cambodian family and see what you can do to help them.

Then on this forum, be nice, be civilized, make a positive contribution, and people will be happy for you to be here.
Although it’s not entirely true. He has more than one forum upon which to write. I suspect a little 🎣
Gav is a lawyer and no one likes lawyers anyway, you think he gives a shit if anyone here like him?? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bob.fortin
BANNED

Post by bob.fortin »

Good riddance. I hate lawyers. Especially the ones who represented my ex-wives!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 pm
Don'y worry, he's not going anywhere. "Permaban this guy or I quit!" is an empty bluff by posters trying to throw their weight around. I'm pretty sure I tried that one myself once or twice on TOF. Never works.
@Brody
Cam, this is a good example of what you have been habitually banned for. It's not your vocabulary (which you already know, as you never really thought you were unjustly banned for using the word 'idiot'). It's that you clearly like alienating members here and your intent is to clearly troll contributors so that they leave. Saying 'they''re not going to do it' is clear that you are egging him on to leave. That's in direct contrast of our goal of growing this community and attracting more active members. That's like when someone says 'I'm considering jumping off this bridge into the river' and some asshat yells, 'you won't do it!' That person is clearly trying to get them to do it. Your ''intent' is often to stop discussion, not encourage it, which is poisonous to a discussion forum, and you've been around long enough to know this. Why should any forum that is trying to grow allow an individual to purposely try to alienate their members and encourage them to stop contributing? That's why you've been banned and why several members aren't thrilled to even have you on here.

In fact, pulling a stunt like this is just one more clear example of how you actively try and run off good members, so let's make this permanent this time, as you've made it clear that you don't want to play by the rules we all do. And you should really understand you aren't welcome back if your intent is to run people off, so you really need to decide if you can act decently if you come back with another username. And you're a lawyer, so you know the significance of 'intent,' as it's a legal term, which carries a lot of weight in cases, because of its importance. Why would any forum or their members want you if your clear intent is to cause dissent and run contributors off? And no, we're not targetting YOU, Cam Nivag, we wouldn't want anyone on here actively trying to run off members. And to be fair, when you do contribute, you come up with some great stuff, but that doesn't give you or anyone a 'free pass' to also try to run off fellow members.
Wow, I did NOT see that coming!!!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Now can we work on getting rid of Explorer’s patronisibg nonsense. He irritates me far more than Cam ever has.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic