We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by explorer »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm Four days! I got no job, CEO and reddit are all I have.
That's sad.

I suggest: Think about what else you can do in your life. You know what sort of things you would like doing. Some ideas: Maybe you can find an NGO where you can make a positive contribution. Maybe find a poor Cambodian family and see what you can do to help them.

Then on this forum, be nice, be civilized, make a positive contribution, and people will be happy for you to be here.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

explorer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:47 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm Four days! I got no job, CEO and reddit are all I have.
That's sad.

I suggest: Think about what else you can do in your life. You know what sort of things you would like doing. Some ideas: Maybe you can find an NGO where you can make a positive contribution. Maybe find a poor Cambodian family and see what you can do to help them.

Then on this forum, be nice, be civilized, make a positive contribution, and people will be happy for you to be here.
Although it’s not entirely true. He has more than one forum upon which to write. I suspect a little 🎣
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's sad.

Ha! The guy is doing okay as far as I can work out!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

That's sad.

We are on CEO to make you happy? That's sad.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

That's sad.

:plus1: On a positive note, this discussion with CN has incited the best post from explorer ever.
That is the funniest thing you have ever written on CEO. Almost pissed myself. ;) Brilliant.

Put on your smiley face CN and be a happy camper or else explorer will be on your case. :dragonchase:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:49 pm
I think you guys insult the intelligence of your posters when you claim I overstepped the unwritten rules of CEO etiquette by calling Logos and phuketrichard “total idiots,” and that this was “very rude” and “set a bad example.” That’s not what my banning was about.

A search of the forum archives reveals that during CEO’s 4.5 year (1600 day) history, the following instances of namecalling have been permitted, often directed at other posters:

2114 uses of idiot(s)
1680 uses of cunt(s)
1718 uses of “fuck” in the same post as “off”
1210 uses of bitch(es)
1116 uses of asshole(s) or areshole(s)
678 uses of twat(s)
565 uses of moron, morons, moronic
481 uses of wanker(s)
356 uses of chink(s)
328 uses of retard(s)
285 uses of dickhead(s)
112 uses of dumbass(es)
98 uses of motherfucker(s)
93 uses of nigger/niggers/niggering
93 uses of twit(s)
88 uses of fucktard(s)
69 uses of asshat(s)
66 uses of douchebag
51 uses of cocksucker(s)
50 uses of faggot/faggot(s)
17 uses of shithead
11 uses of fuckstick
5 uses of dickweed
3 uses of “douchenozzle”

And

1 use of “cum guzzler”

The day after I was banned, a poster told a story about being drugged while smoking a cigar at Pontoon. Another poster responded as follows, without any moderation at all:
brisie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm The only cunt I know that sucks turds that size is a bald Spanish speaker that loiters around GSM for cheap whores and booze.
I thought the cigar was international code for I'd like to suck a fart out of a dirty crack whores ass.

No, I wasn’t banned because my use of “idiot” was “very rude” or “set a bad example.” I was banned because the new moderator clutchcargo is on a power trip (I’ve been there) and because General Mackevili is obsessed with the idea that prominent posters from TOF are “trolls” out to sabotage CEO who must be over-censored for failing to “set a good example,” while other CEO posters are allowed to hurl unfettered insults like fucktard, shithead, motherfucker, nigger, and cum guzzler every single day.
Haha, well, I do like your list of 'vocabulary' you've come up with, but I think you (purposely?) missed the point. 1. You're making it sound like you think you were banned for the 'vocabulary' you used, which just isn't the case. 2. I'm sure you will find that a lot of those results in your table were used NOT to hurl an insult at a fellow member. Nobody has ever said all of those words are banned (Yes, 'chink' and a few others are not welcome to be used here, but some of them are just fine, provided it's not used to attack someone on here.) Really, you are making it sound like each and every one of the vocabulary words in your search results were a member using those words to attack another member. Simply not the case. 3. And just to be clear, it's totally different to call someone in a news article, etc, a 'twat' or whatever, but attacking other CEO members is not needed here. 4. Again, it's your attacks on fellow members that you need to stop, not the use of the word 'idiot.' 5. I hate to break it to you, but you're not the only member who's been banned for attacking other members or flaming. Several have been banned for this stuff, and most of them have been mature enough to just shake it off and stop attacking others on here. 6. Yes, CEO is over 5 years old now, and no fucking doubt at all we have changed over the years. That's what any successful community/organization/business must do to stay pushing it in the right direction. I personally think it's a lot less 'edgy' now in 2019 than it was in 2005 to have a post filled with a bunch of creative explicit insults to throw around. That's just a natural occurrence. Again, I like that you provided hard numbers to show where you're coming from, but if you really have the time to get a more accurate trend, see when those words above were used (and HOW they were used), and I can almost surely tell you that they will be more heavily used earlier on (especially for flaming), and you should also factor in the fact that we are much busier now than then, so you would have to factor that in as well, to get a more accurate picture of the trending vocabulary over time.

I personally think you insult your own intelligence when you 'act' like you don't see the bigger picture of your habitual attacks on fellow members because it's clear your comprehension skills are at least to a level where you would get it. The fact that you are making this sound like you 'think' you were banned for simply using the word 'idiot' is ludicrous.

And no, Clutch Cargo is not on an ego trip. We would not have wanted him on our team if he was some power-hungry dude that was out to fuck with members. He's done an amazing job cleaning up a lot of messes and helping us set the tone on here. Again, what we would have allowed in 2014 and what the community would have been ok with then is NOT the same as what we think is ok now. It's nice to see CEO attract more people who don't just get online to shout 'fuckstick' at everyone. And don't get me wrong, I was glad to go around yelling those things as anyone else back then, but I'd say we would be stuck in a rut if we were still in that era. It's been a welcome change and it's been great having a lot of new people come sign up too, and a lot of oldskewlers have also made a pretty good transition from way back when getting on a forum was all about seeing who could come up with the most fanfuckingtastic flames, lol.

And since it was brought up, it's great to have Kungfu Hillbilly find and post a bunch of interesting articles from all over the web and share them here. Why would he or anyone feel like doing that if we couldn't care less about all the Cam Nivags running around and attacking them for stupid bullshit, like you often do? And now you have an issue with CC when he was just trying to cut down on your attacks on fellow members? It makes no sense, and I'm certain you know it.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I blame the parents.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 am I blame the parents.
I blame the mods. Bloody snowflakes :stir:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I'm a latecomer to the party and I hope this isn't held as an infraction against what I must say is a perfect forum record but why is ch!ck a banned word?

As you can see I've carefully crafted a little sneaky there to keep my reputation untarnished, all joking aside what gives?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I think he meant chink
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic