Foreign Woman Stopped for No Helmet

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreign Woman Stopped for No Helmet

Post by talltuktuk »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:53 pm I always say out loud "ooh, pram dola, bong!" but I don't think they think that's funny.
I don’t know what you look/sound like but picturing this in my mind killed me. I’ve been laughing for 10 minutes.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

talltuktuk wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:20 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:53 pm I always say out loud "ooh, pram dola, bong!" but I don't think they think that's funny.
I don’t know what you look/sound like but picturing this in my mind killed me. I’ve been laughing for 10 minutes.
ya that gave me a laugh too.... and it's "Bram" btw, with a B
Still here, in country...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Ravensnest wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm
Well it's kinda in between imo. Both and yet neither.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:43 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm
Well it's kinda in between imo. Both and yet neither.
You just summed up the Khmer consonants - a series of “not this sound and not that one, but both, but also neither” 😂
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

xandreu wrote:If it wasn't for the breasts. I'd have sworn it was a bloke.
My mates kids school has banned any taunts of being ginger, small, fat, wearing glasses, stupid, adopted, ugly, tall etc etc.

I saw the letter and it was hilarious. It actually said ginger twice and by a strange coincidence the headmaster is ginger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic