Forum Reputation

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MightyMariner
Tourist
Great Britain

Forum Reputation

Post by MightyMariner »

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but I'm a little confused (still relatively new to the forum)

Looking at a user's reputation on this forum, how is this worked out? I would assume, reputation is earned, on the forum as with life...

Then I see this and just don't understand...

(User identity hidden in case I am indeed being stupid)

But for reference, here is my own...

Again, apologies if I'm being stupid, but is there something obvious I have missed?
“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Forum Reputation

Post by John Bingham »

I'm not sure what any of it means, I think it has to do with other posters appreciating your contributions and pressing the "like" button. You at least don't have anyone giving you "hates" like you can see I got about 52 times or so. It's all swings and roundabouts.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:36 am I'm not sure what any of it means, I think it has to do with other posters appreciating your contributions and pressing the "like" button. You at least don't have anyone giving you "hates" like you can see I got about 52 times or so. It's all swings and roundabouts.

Do "we" get biffed for Mod Edits or warnings or bans? :stir:
MightyMariner
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by MightyMariner »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:36 am I'm not sure what any of it means, I think it has to do with other posters appreciating your contributions and pressing the "like" button. You at least don't have anyone giving you "hates" like you can see I got about 52 times or so. It's all swings and roundabouts.

That was my thinking of how it worked, but apparently the person I screen-shotted (is that a word?!) originally did not have any post to like...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

MightyMariner wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am
That was my thinking of how it worked, but apparently the person I screen-shotted (is that a word?!) originally did not have any post to like...
That's about right. You can give members Karma points if you like their posts or find them helpful. Mr Bingham has negative karma, but that's a 'legacy' feature, and giving people negative karma isn't an option now, so anyone you see with negative karma would have been on CEO for a while.

And I believe the account that you screenshotted is just a 'karma queen' account that someone has taken over to give karma to fellow members who take the time to start a new topic on CEO, and it's just a very small way we show appreciation for people in the community being extra proactive and starting new topics.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MightyMariner
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by MightyMariner »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:52 am
MightyMariner wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am
That's about right. You can give members Karma points if you like their posts or find them helpful. Mr Bingham has negative karma, but that's a 'legacy' feature, and giving people negative karma isn't an option now, so anyone you see with negative karma would have been on CEO for a while.

And I believe the account that you screenshotted is just a 'karma queen' account that someone has taken over to give karma to fellow members who take the time to start a new topic on CEO, and it's just a very small way we show appreciation for people in the community being extra proactive and starting new topics.
Thanks for the update :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic