Definition of Beautiful (or Cute)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Definition of Beautiful (or Cute)

Post by Yerg »

Given some recent posts, it has become evident that there are some wildly varying definitions of cute and beautiful etc.

Now, we all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However....

Can we, for the purposes of this forum, try and agree a set of standards that deem someone/anyone of the definition of cute or beautiful? (Male/Female/Other)

I'm tired of being misled by articles referring to beauty and cuteness that could best be described as "scratchy".
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Definition of Beautiful (or Cute)

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I think the General has low standards and just thinks they are all beauties. I also noticed he is more likely to call anything beautiful in the early morning threads. Morning wood is my guess.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Yerg wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 am Can we, for the purposes of this forum, try and agree a set of standards that deem someone/anyone of the definition of cute or beautiful? (Male/Female/Other)
I doubt it.... but if you see one that is stunningly beautiful and ultra feminine, it's probably an "Other". :facepalm:

If the General ever wakes up in Korea -
You could be next.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I shall refrain from commenting after having previously been shot down for stating that most of the "beautiful", "cute", "attractive" women appearing on this hallowed pages are anything but. Heck, some of them are not even women.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The 'beauty' or 'beautify' function on smart phones has a lot to answer for... :Rose:
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Its all about the golden ratio (1.618:1)
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

The Seawolf wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:20 pm Its all about the golden ratio (1.618:1)
You sure about that?

Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

A10 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:31 pm
The Seawolf wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:20 pm Its all about the golden ratio (1.618:1)
You sure about that?

Now, that's funny!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic