Barking Dog

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Yerg »

pczz wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:57 pm
Artisan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
What a load of horse shit. " a discussion that's manged to stay on topic", as if this tread is like, 20 pages long.

Killing dogs seems to be tolerated by whomever is modding this but saying something about the person who wrote how to kill it isn't.
obviously you have not had to suffer a neighbour with a yapping monster who refuses to do anything about it. Killimng dogs that belong to selfish xyz who think their god given right to have a yapper overules my god given right to a decent nights sleep (and everyone ekse within 100 metres). Human rights take precedence over animal rights, ask any animla at an abbatoir
Another crock of horse shit that if I answer I'll get mod-edited again.

The whole concept of human rights is flawed in it's own essence. Let's think back to the days when dogs (amongst other animals) were used for hunting, safety, security.

Heck, nowadays even blind people and disabled people have dogs (amongst other animals) that help them. Then there's the service animals that support police, ammo techs, customs officers et al.

But hey, screw it, our human rights take precedence for a good night's sleep over all of these. And I haven't even scratched the surface.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Yerg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 am Heck, nowadays even blind people and disabled people have dogs (amongst other animals) that help them. Then there's the service animals that support police, ammo techs, customs officers et al.
Those dogs are trained to behave well. Do you think it's a trained service dog keeping OP awake late at night or why did you think it's relevant?

Give me a break, there are rats used for demining too perhaps you'd like them in your house.

The concept of human rights is flawed because some people train animals. What a [Mod edit: keep it civil] conclusion you have chosen to share with us.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

fax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 am Heck, nowadays even blind people and disabled people have dogs (amongst other animals) that help them. Then there's the service animals that support police, ammo techs, customs officers et al.
Those dogs are trained to behave well. Do you think it's a trained service dog keeping OP awake late at night or why did you think it's relevant?

Give me a break, there are rats used for demining too perhaps you'd like them in your house.

The concept of human rights is flawed because some people train animals. What a [Mod edit: keep it civil] conclusion you have chosen to share with us.
You select an element of a longer piece out of context. Go you!!

Painful and inhumane ways to kill an animal (pesky/wild/tame/doing it's job) are not okay.

Hey, it's the wild west (east) that is Cambodia. FIFO. Don't like something, kill it/eradicate it??? While we are at it, I suppose we can educate the great unwashed about the right Western way of doing things in their own country??? Wow!!!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Yerg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 pm While we are at it, I suppose we can educate the great unwashed about the right Western way of doing things in their own country??? Wow!!!
I'd rather eradicate the Western unwashed hippie idea that animals would be worth more than humans.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Yerg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 pm
fax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 am

You select an element of a longer piece out of context. Go you!!

Painful and inhumane ways to kill an animal (pesky/wild/tame/doing it's job) are not okay.

Hey, it's the wild west (east) that is Cambodia. FIFO. Don't like something, kill it/eradicate it??? While we are at it, I suppose we can educate the great unwashed about the right Western way of doing things in their own country??? Wow!!!

Wow!!! ,,,, It's spelt like this, Woof.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

fax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 pm
Yerg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:42 pm While we are at it, I suppose we can educate the great unwashed about the right Western way of doing things in their own country??? Wow!!!
I'd rather eradicate the Western unwashed hippie idea that animals would be worth more than humans.
Oh please. Nobody at any point in this thread has put a value on either, greater or lesser to any degree. Fish for the point that helps make your point to your heart's content. If being humane makes me a hippie, guilty as charged. If being reasonable makes me a hippie, guilty as charged. If disagreeing with you makes me a hippie, guilty as charged.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Locking this topic as there's nothing constructive going forward here other than 2 members having a ping pong debate with name calling and insults.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Unlocking this thread for any ongoing topic discussion.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Kill it with fire
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Please don’t kill the dog, just leave a note for the owner or go knock on the door. Be friendly about it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic