How is the water in Kandal / Ta Khmau?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

How is the water in Kandal / Ta Khmau?

Post by explorer »

In the past I have heard the water is unreliable in Kandal / Ta Khmau. How is it now? Can I expect a reliable water supply?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How is the water in Kandal / Ta Khmau?

Post by beaker »

I've lived in Ta Khmao for almost 10yrs and never had any water problems
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

beaker wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 am I've lived in Ta Khmao for almost 10yrs and never had any water problems
So the water has been behaving itself? Freezing at 0C, boiling at 100C and wet to the touch?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

For the last six months there has been a lack of pressure to reach above three stories, and it will not get up to your tank which feeds all other rooms below
However there is always a reliable supply of water at the tap at your door step . Every so often, like last night the pressure gets back to normal for a few days.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:59 am For the last six months there has been a lack of pressure to reach above three stories, and it will not get up to your tank which feeds all other rooms below
However there is always a reliable supply of water at the tap at your door step . Every so often, like last night the pressure gets back to normal for a few days.
Will you be installing a water pump? Seems like an easy fix? You could even run a separate pipe to the tank and just isolate the main feed and swap to the pumped feed as required.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Many people do have pump but it has to be where the water is,,, out side your house at the front door, then you take it inside at night .

This low pressure problem may finish when major road works at Chak Angre are finished.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic