Recoding Patpong.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Recoding Patpong.

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Well this article brings back memories..thanks Kung Fu Hillbilly.

I used to go there in the late 80s and early 90s..as PhuketRichard says..before they put in those dreaded market stalls and you could walk freely then. Used to be a lot of fun but yeah, started going downhill after that and many moved on to Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. The shows upstairs were quite raunchy.

One of the Grand Prix bar's claim to fame was that it was the regular watering hole for Neil Davis, the cameraman correspondent who covered the Vietnam war and was shot filming the failed coup in Bangkok coup in 1985. Lots of early pics of him and other well known personalities on the walls. Boring bar at the time I thought but worth the entry and drink to see the memorabilia.

The other thing is, I followed the links regarding Bernard Trink, the infamous columnist who ran the 'Night owl' article for 40 years. A few interviews with the guy and that was interesting in itself and his column ceased in 2003. I used to visit Bangkok a lot from the late 80s through to pretty much the same time the Bangkok post stopped the 'Night Owl'. I used to always buy the paper on a friday to read his column.
k*rm*geddon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Recoding Patpong.

Post by k*rm*geddon »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:12 pm ... I used to always buy the paper on a Friday to read his column.
Indeed.
Friday always registered in the mind as Trink Day.
MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMB ... B00L0LC8TO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic