Irishman Smeared with Poop Found on Phnom Penh's Riverside

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Irishman Smeared with Poop Found on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

'i was in phnom penh for three days because of my wife's birthday, the last day we went to the riverside eating in the restorant. On the way we saw an older foreigner sitting on the street, my wife told me that she saw him yesterday at the same place. so we bought water and food to help him. when we came back we saw that he was smeared with feces all over, we took him home and washed him and gave him new clothes, his name is stenly and he is from ireland, he has been in PP for six weeks he had a stroke and is embarrassed on one side,he is helpless and can not care for himself, we tried to feed him but it all flew out again. we tried to hand him over to the police but they sent us away. My flight was booked and I had to leave him in the house of my wife her mother. The mayor came to the house and ordered to take him back to the street. So they had to bring him back to the street, he cried but nobody knew what could be done. please look at the river side, please help if you can, he will die quickly, I crying because I could not do more. please search and help. please give me a message if you know something.'

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Irishman Smeared with Poop Found on Phnom Penh's Riverside

Post by frank lee bent »

Hope someone can cart him off to his embassy quick. Hardly his fault he has had a stroke.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

His Embassy is in Hanoi.

I do know a few folk were looking for him yesterday.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 am Hope someone can cart him off to his embassy quick. Hardly his fault he has had a stroke.
Don’t be so gullible. “I had a stroke” is the new “My passport was just stolen.”

I saw this guy sleeping on a bench outside Metro on Saturday afternoon, shirtless but partially covered with a pink sheet. I tried to take a photo of course but screwed it up.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

But why did he put poop on his face? Thats not going to solve anything.
CommandoRed
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by CommandoRed »

:lol1:
Lost50 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm But why did he put poop on his face? Thats not going to solve anything.
Free shower and new clothes.
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 am His Embassy is in Hanoi.

I do know a few folk were looking for him yesterday.
If he is from Ireland he can go, or be taken to, any EU embassy in Phnom Penh, doesn’t have to be the Irish embassy.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:58 am
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 am Hope someone can cart him off to his embassy quick. Hardly his fault he has had a stroke.
Don’t be so gullible. “I had a stroke” is the new “My passport was just stolen.”

I saw this guy sleeping on a bench outside Metro on Saturday afternoon, shirtless but partially covered with a pink sheet. I tried to take a photo of course but screwed it up.
Such compassion is rare in this world. I applaud you for trying to take a photograph, Mother Theresa.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

His name is Kieran Stanley, the Irish embassy in Vietnam have alerted the UK embassy in PP to his condition and they have agreed to help h when he is found. It is on FB now, and a number of ppl are looking for him.

Anyone who happens to see him and feels like doing him a good turn could take h to the embassy, or at least tell him help is available.

Stroke victims are often pretty out of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic