Looking for a 2 room flat/appartment or agent in Phnom Penh

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Looking for a 2 room flat/appartment or agent in Phnom Penh

Post by ressl »

Hi folks,
Does someone knows a simple/basic appartment/flat in Phnom Penh, about 2 rooms + bath. I don't need kitchen, A/C, Western style toilet, 24/7 power guaranteed. Just as I mentioned: simple... But the requirement that makes it quite difficult is, that I need a dry, safe place for my small truck 5mx2mx2.5m (LxWxH).

I have already read the post from Vladimir, but I'm doing quite hard to find a place, especially with the requirements of the truck. But in the thread someone wrote, that he used an agent (he called him "fixer") for that. I tried to contact the author to get that's agents contact data, but unfortunately I never got a reply. So the question would be: anybody out there, who knows someone, who could assist me with that?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking for a 2 room flat/appartment or agent in Phnom Penh

Post by Nixon »

There are several Facebook groups with adds and agents. Try check there or khmer24.com
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Thanks for the hint, khmer24.com got me exactly what I was looking for. But unfortunately none of those agents or owners speaks English. Are there any translators available for hire, or is it just to haul down the next best Tuktuk driver and pay him some extra money? I know, this question might sound a bit strange or stupid, but I don't know a Khmer with good english skills yet...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

ressl wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:35 pm Thanks for the hint, khmer24.com got me exactly what I was looking for. But unfortunately none of those agents or owners speaks English. Are there any translators available for hire, or is it just to haul down the next best Tuktuk driver and pay him some extra money? I know, this question might sound a bit strange or stupid, but I don't know a Khmer with good english skills yet...
I can send a number to a good agent but I think you need five posts to use PM.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

but I think you need five posts to use PM.
:idea: Ah, this might be the reason, why I never got a reply from the other guy. Damn, I guess this was written somewhere in the EULA, which everyone reads carefully when signing up...
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

ressl wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:51 am Hi folks,
Does someone knows a simple/basic appartment/flat in Phnom Penh, about 2 rooms + bath. I don't need kitchen, A/C, Western style toilet, 24/7 power guaranteed. Just as I mentioned: simple... But the requirement that makes it quite difficult is, that I need a dry, safe place for my small truck 5mx2mx2.5m (LxWxH).

I have already read the post from Vladimir, but I'm doing quite hard to find a place, especially with the requirements of the truck. But in the thread someone wrote, that he used an agent (he called him "fixer") for that. I tried to contact the author to get that's agents contact data, but unfortunately I never got a reply. So the question would be: anybody out there, who knows someone, who could assist me with that?

I am actually in need of a roommate.. i have 2 bedrooms - each has its own bathroom/shower . bkk1 area
check ur pm
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am I am actually in need of a roommate.. i have 2 bedrooms - each has its own bathroom/shower . bkk1 area
check ur pm
Do you have 5mx2mx2.5m for a truck?
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

fax wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:31 am
BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am I am actually in need of a roommate.. i have 2 bedrooms - each has its own bathroom/shower . bkk1 area
check ur pm
Do you have 5mx2mx2.5m for a truck?
thats too much math for me to do this early in the morning..lol...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Should close this thing somehow. I did find a good place in the meantime including parking place for car and motorbike.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic