Barking Dog

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Barking Dog

Post by atst »

Someone near my home has a small dog that barks at night 1am for àn hour or two either the owner is out and the dog is scared or they are home and don't give a shit , I'm surprised the people next door don't say or do anything
What can someone do to have this dog shut up or who can I complain about it to to get the owners to shut the dog up
Yes I've thought about throwing a bit or meat to it but prefer not going down that path just yet
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Captain Bonez »

I had a similar problem once. I confronted the problem head on and hammered on the dude's door one morning and let him know his howling dog was an utter nuisance. I haven't heard a peep since.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

you can spread the idea, in conversation, 'what kind of peasant lets they're dog bark all night'
find out what triggers the barking
or yeah, 'special' meat
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monstra mihi bona!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Brake fluid.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:20 pm Brake fluid.
On the meat?

monstra mihi bona!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I get the feeling that local people don't even hear this. I hate it too, but have put it in the too hard basket. Damn dogs are everywhere.
Buy some earplugs, stick some music on, or turn on the TV if you can't tune out.

OR, invite a 100,000 Chinese neighbors to do construction work all night. Drowns out the dogs. :thumb:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
Phew... that was a close call Admin Edit, just in time to stop the abuse. Well done...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I assume this technique would work with foxes too?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic