May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Splashback »

jonathan.waller wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.
Also had copy written on it.

Cant believe it happened but it did.
They guy was telling the truth.
And what happened? Did they check the footage and were you reimbursed? Were they reluctant to swap it for a new one? Did they say it happens on occasion? Was it a hundred?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

jonathan.waller wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.

Let me guess, you only found out a few hours later when you tried to spend to bills.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I'm a traveling software developer, all around tech guy.
[qoute]
3 vpn's and TOR and posting to this site.[/quote]
Impressive. Could you please tell me, how you set up those 3 tunnels behind each other without having any traceable relation with the exit nodes in between?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kammekor wrote:

Let me guess, you only found out a few hours later when you tried to spend to bills.
Yep... Visited ten places, checked the next morning and I had fakes. Unbelievable!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm
Kammekor wrote:

Yep... Visited ten places, checked the next morning and I had fakes. Unbelievable!
He’s not the first, and won’t be the last. Last Friday I bumped into a foreigner at minimart on the corner of 136 claiming he had fakes too. They were indeed copies. His ‘gf’, a 136 regular, called to the bank to make a claim. He swore the bills had not been out of sight and only two had access to them, he and his gf. So the accusation the ATM contained copies must have been true... :facepalm:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

encourage the use of bitcoin. i havent had fake notes from atms but have had plenty of places refuse them because of a slight tear or mark, and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172. its a pain having to closely look every time you get a note
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm encourage the use of bitcoin. i havent had fake notes from atms but have had plenty of places refuse them because of a slight tear or mark, and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172. its a pain having to closely look every time you get a note
The Golden Home. i hear it is nice there. ??
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm
...and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172.
The Golden Home. i hear it is nice there. ??
Oh!
ARTHUR FRANK STANLEY BELLUOMO American died at Golden Home Guest House, on Street 172. Meth.
21 year old Swedish backpacker John Kevin Kaya overdosed there.
In 2015 49 year old Finn Juha Tapio died there. OD
In 2016 German pedophile Udo Sabiniwicz was arrested there.

Wrong place, sorry.
:ROFL:
SteveKusch
Tourist

Post by SteveKusch »

Thank you for your post I withdrew $300 two were authentic one was a counterfeit and it had the word copy on it
I didn't find out until Friday night it was a fake I didn't even think about looking at the money it was a ATM right outside the bank bank of Cambodia I'm hoping I can go Monday showing the receipt I'm not expecting them to do a refund I emailed my bank I hope they can investigate this
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

SteveKusch wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:32 pm Thank you for your post I withdrew $300 two were authentic one was a counterfeit and it had the word copy on it
I didn't find out until Friday night it was a fake I didn't even think about looking at the money it was a ATM right outside the bank bank of Cambodia I'm hoping I can go Monday showing the receipt I'm not expecting them to do a refund I emailed my bank I hope they can investigate this
:BangHead: Where did you go between the time you withdrew the money from the ATM and the time you realised you had a copy bill??? All these claims lately, by foreigners, about receiving fake money from ATMs are a load of BS!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic