Russian Man VIKTOR KOVALEV Commits Suicide by Hanging in Siem Reap Guesthouse

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
aleeque
Tourist
Norway

Re: Russian Man VIKTOR KOVALEV Commits Suicide by Hanging in Siem Reap Guesthouse

Post by aleeque »

Knew this guy (not personally, just his online persona). This is sad, he did not have to do this. R.I.P.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Re: Russian Man VIKTOR KOVALEV Commits Suicide by Hanging in Siem Reap Guesthouse

Post by angsta »

aleeque wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm Knew this guy (not personally, just his online persona). This is sad, he did not have to do this. R.I.P.
Online persona?
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
aleeque
Tourist
Norway

Post by aleeque »

angsta wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 pm
aleeque wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm Knew this guy (not personally, just his online persona). This is sad, he did not have to do this. R.I.P.
Online persona?
Yeah, he used to post his vlogs on Youtube and on a Russian 4chan clone website.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

aleeque wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:40 am
Online persona?
Yeah, he used to post his vlogs on Youtube and on a Russian 4chan clone website.
Jeeez. Nasty end. Did you see this coming? When No Joke Howard (former Cambodian blogger) died, I don't think too many people were surprised as he was clearly troubled.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
dima.kedov
Tourist

Post by dima.kedov »

Simone1983 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:11 pm I also have 24 photos of his body which I will upload to the Darknet section once I get access.
Hi. Can you upload the last photos and videos from his tablet?
aleeque
Tourist
Norway

Post by aleeque »

angsta wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 pm
aleeque wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:40 am
Online persona?
Jeeez. Nasty end. Did you see this coming? When No Joke Howard (former Cambodian blogger) died, I don't think too many people were surprised as he was clearly troubled.
He said suicide was his eventual plan as early as 2016 when he first started posting. Several people tried helping him (with jobs and some money etc) but it was no use. Ironically, on a purely external level he appeared more socially adapted than most people. Like taking lots of selfies, knowing how to pose for the camera, never refusing to meet random fans, smiling a lot, talking in an articulate way and regularly keeping people informed through vlogs. Weird.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic