Argentinian Volunteer Teacher Commits Suicide by Hanging in Kratie

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Argentinian Volunteer Teacher Commits Suicide by Hanging in Kratie

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Kratie): The body of a 47-year-old Argentinian man, a volunteer English teacher named only as Pablo, was found hanging from a bridge in Prek Tatheng village, Chet Borey district, Kratie, this morning on 22 July 2019. He is believed to have committed suicide.
Very sad. RIP.

Khmer news photos are on the darknet forum.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Argentinian Volunteer Teacher Commits Suicide by Hanging in Kratie

Post by rozzieoz »

How terribly sad. RIP
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

This might not be the time or the place to say this, but when you think of the astronomical chances that you were ever born in the first place (when you put everything together, you more chance winning the lottery every week for the rest of your life than you have of ever being born) it's incredibly sad that some people get to a point where they feel that they can't or just don't want to carry on.

RIP and condolences to those left behind.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I don't know what it's like to be a person who suffers from depression or feels their lack of existence is a better option than life, so I won't or can't make any judgement of them or their actions . But I do know of those whose life appears to be absolute torment, or hell, due to psychological issues caused by life events such as the young woman who courts recently granted approval to for assisted euthanasia such was the horrendous reality she lived with daily.

I get the feeling for some, non existence is a far better option than the pain they suffer on a daily basis. But for me to stand by of sound mind where happy days abound and tsk tsk, or believe they shouldn't have taken their own life, suggests one knows how horrible their existence has been to begin with, which is impossible and actually has an air of arrogance about it. I'd take my own life if I felt it warranted i tand certainly don't judge, pity or feel others have made the wrong decision if they've chosen to do so also.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic