The abandoned restaurants close to Aeon

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

The abandoned restaurants close to Aeon

Post by Nixon »

Just curious, next to Aeon Mall, there is an area that looks like it has a a lot of restaurants and bars that are abandoned. It looks to me as it could be a pretty nice place to hang out if it was running.

Has it ever been been open? Did something happen that made everyone leave?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: The abandoned restaurants close to Aeon

Post by IraHayes »

Hmmm hard to say... but abandoned restaurants next to a huge mall with restaurants..... it’s a mystery for sure.

Hehe just teasing ya. Maybe the area is being bought up for a development? Are the homes occupied?
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Jets container market?
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

mcam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm Jets container market?
Maybe, I don’t know. I just passed by and saw it. Just south of Aeon. Do you know the story?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Nixon wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Maybe, I don’t know. I just passed by and saw it. Just south of Aeon. Do you know the story?
I'm pretty sure you mean 2040 Container Market behind Rose condo.

It was opened in spring 2018 by young rich Singaporean kids. They played way too loud music pass mid night and some well connected people living in the Rose condo made it shut down after just been open for few weeks.

Jet's Container market was another similar container night area close by that was closed end of last year. It was highly succesfull for first 6 months or so but then visitor numbers collapsed and land owner (Jet) decided to shut down and sell part of the for land for condo and mall project.
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:03 pm
Nixon wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:29 pm
I'm pretty sure you mean 2040 Container Market behind Rose condo.

It was opened in spring 2018 by young rich Singaporean kids. They played way too loud music pass mid night and some well connected people living in the Rose condo made it shut down after just been open for few weeks.

Jet's Container market was another similar container night area close by that was closed end of last year. It was highly succesfull for first 6 months or so but then visitor numbers collapsed and land owner (Jet) decided to shut down and sell part of the for land for condo and mall project.
That’s the one. What a shame, looked like a pretty cool place to hang out..
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Na it was a shit, copycat concept...every single bar played their own, too loud music which was then usually backed up by the standard k-pop shit band playing crap over the top of all the bars from the main stage.

Done right it could have been a great little night food/drink market, but it wasn't.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic