How to meet expats in Phnom Penh?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: How to meet expats in Phnom Penh?

Post by davegorman »

Yeah I think the op probably found some friends in two years since this post as they only posted four times.

Or they left.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Bassac Lane is intern paradise. Do not pass Go, do not Collect $200, but you can Instagram your heart out between there and Pontoon on your amazing Cambodia intern experience. Outside of that slender strip with a bubble each end, dangerous stuff happens where "Khy-Mers", as moronpats often call them, live and breathe, don't get close to those unless you already have a Gofundme page ready to invoke. #GrizzledExpat :-)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

davegorman wrote:Yeah I think the op probably found some friends in two years since this post as they only posted four times.

Or they left.
Oops! Didn’t check dates.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I wouldn't worry, I reckon Sea Wolf might actually be a sea hunt..

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I think the best way to meet them is to walk up and ask them "Are you an expat?" If they say "No, I'm just visiting to see temples and such like", then you can strike them off your list. If they say "Yes, I've been living here for ages! " You should inform them that "I am too!", everything will be jolly good afterwards. If they are over 30 years old don't talk to them as they are obviously just disgusting pervs only out for one thing.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm Sundance on 172
Red Fox on 136 and 172
Vibe - 172
Oscars on the Corner -104 (after 10pm)
Taco Kokopellis on Sundays from 5pm (can’t think of the street)

Those are good spots to start.
Taco Kokopellis #42 Street St 19z, Phnom Penh 12211
I can understand Sundays for the live music, but I have never understood this type of food.
And what is this dish called?
Looks like one of the little Gekko fellows may have dropped in! That happened to me many years ago at a restaurant in Seim Reap once, two of them fell from the lightshade above the dinning table and landed in my Khmer curry. :facepalm:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic