Where to find matches -(churrr cook?)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Where to find matches -(churrr cook?)

Post by bittermelon »

A search of this site gives me "dating matches" and "orangutan boxing matches", I'm after the kind that you light things with. Can't find them anywhere, trying to think of something they would be used for where they would be better than a lighter but I can't. Other than what I need them for.
(No its not to scrape the heads off to make something illicit)
andy_morris
Expatriate

Re: Where to find matches -(churrr cook?)

Post by andy_morris »

Many small drinks shops with the orange ice boxes sell matches. I needed some a few months ago. They are super cheap and super low quality but do the job.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Cheers, will try them now i know the Khmer word. Had only really tried the mini-marts
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bittermelon wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm Cheers, will try them now i know the Khmer word. Had only really tried the mini-marts
ឈើគូស - Chher Kuuh :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

^^ Cheers
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bittermelon wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am A search of this site gives me "dating matches" and "orangutan boxing matches", I'm after the kind that you light things with. Can't find them anywhere, trying to think of something they would be used for where they would be better than a lighter but I can't. Other than what I need them for.
Out of interest, what do you need them for if it's not for lighting things or "something illicit"? What's left?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:31 pm
bittermelon wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am A search of this site gives me "dating matches" and "orangutan boxing matches", I'm after the kind that you light things with. Can't find them anywhere, trying to think of something they would be used for where they would be better than a lighter but I can't. Other than what I need them for.
Out of interest, what do you need them for if it's not for lighting things or "something illicit"? What's left?
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Dsr ... B3V74emHI-

I would start with something like this.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic