Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Someone should go there with nothing but a bunch of fake 100s in their wallet and report back their reaction. Would make for a great hidden camera video.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

mouytiet wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm Happens all the time, most people to embrassed to say, there very skilled as it is a very good earner, good mate drunk as fck got done a grand only told me.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Okay, so your mate is drunk. Got pinged for a grand. At what point did he notice? I haven't been for a single massage where I paid upfront. Always paid after the event. Maybe in 2 and a half years I just got super lucky. (Okay, yes, you've been here a hundred years and know better than me, whatever, get over yourself.) But paying for my massage after the event, I think I'd notice a grand out of my wallet. Nonetheless, I go to a ropey-soapy-dopey happy-ending place, paid up front, was stupid enough to have a grand in my wallet and didn't check before I left, drunk or otherwise???? Nah, I call BS. There is not a user on this forum that would not check their wallet and spot a missing grand before they left.

I don't hold that it happens "all the time" unless someone is as DAF/naive/stupid/retarded/blind/moronic/comatose to allow this to happen. Who comes to KOW without even the slightest bit of Google research which doesn't tell you to be careful???? Apart from your "friend", I've not met a single barang expat that this has happened to.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I met an Irish guy in Vang Vieng years ago who started drinking at the same bar. One day about 3pm he walks in blind rolling drunk and not happy as the girls at a massage shop lifted his money after he passed out drunk on the table. Two weeks later around 3pm he comes in pissed (he was always pissed) and complains he passed out again on the same massage table and the girls relieved him of money one more time. I asked him why on earth would he go back knowing they're a bunch of thieves? "Because they're sexy chicks, and I think one likes me." was his reply.

At the end of the day some people deserve to have their money taken.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm I met an Irish guy in Vang Vieng years ago who started drinking at the same bar. One day about 3pm he walks in blind rolling drunk and not happy as the girls at a massage shop lifted his money after he passed out drunk on the table. Two weeks later around 3pm he comes in pissed (he was always pissed) and complains he passed out again on the same massage table and the girls relieved him of money one more time. I asked him why on earth would he go back knowing they're a bunch of thieves? "Because they're sexy chicks, and I think one likes me."

At the end of the day most people deserve to have their money taken.
There it is!!!!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Yerg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm
There it is!!!!
[/quote]
I thought it best to change "most" to "some".
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Yerg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm
There it is!!!!
I thought it best to change "most" to "some".
[/quote]

Tomato/Tomato... Put yourself in the position, deserve everything you get.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Yerg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm
mouytiet wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm Happens all the time, most people to embrassed to say, there very skilled as it is a very good earner, good mate drunk as fck got done a grand only told me.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Okay, so your mate is drunk. Got pinged for a grand. At what point did he notice? I haven't been for a single massage where I paid upfront. Always paid after the event. Maybe in 2 and a half years I just got super lucky. (Okay, yes, you've been here a hundred years and know better than me, whatever, get over yourself.) But paying for my massage after the event, I think I'd notice a grand out of my wallet. Nonetheless, I go to a ropey-soapy-dopey happy-ending place, paid up front, was stupid enough to have a grand in my wallet and didn't check before I left, drunk or otherwise???? Nah, I call BS. There is not a user on this forum that would not check their wallet and spot a missing grand before they left.

I don't hold that it happens "all the time" unless someone is as DAF/naive/stupid/retarded/blind/moronic/comatose to allow this to happen. Who comes to KOW without even the slightest bit of Google research which doesn't tell you to be careful???? Apart from your "friend", I've not met a single barang expat that this has happened to.
not missing, replaced not noticed till next day when had to pay bills, yes very stupid.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

what i want to know is.......did she get a happy ending????
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was wondering that, why would someone go and get a massage on 172, is it a lesbo thing?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm Someone should go there with nothing but a bunch of fake 100s in their wallet and report back their reaction. Would make for a great hidden camera video.
This is a good idea.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic