Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 275

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Someone should go there with nothing but a bunch of fake 100s in their wallet and report back their reaction. Would make for a great hidden camera video.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 101
Great Britain

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Yerg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm

mouytiet wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Happens all the time, most people to embrassed to say, there very skilled as it is a very good earner, good mate drunk as fck got done a grand only told me.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Okay, so your mate is drunk. Got pinged for a grand. At what point did he notice? I haven't been for a single massage where I paid upfront. Always paid after the event. Maybe in 2 and a half years I just got super lucky. (Okay, yes, you've been here a hundred years and know better than me, whatever, get over yourself.) But paying for my massage after the event, I think I'd notice a grand out of my wallet. Nonetheless, I go to a ropey-soapy-dopey happy-ending place, paid up front, was stupid enough to have a grand in my wallet and didn't check before I left, drunk or otherwise???? Nah, I call BS. There is not a user on this forum that would not check their wallet and spot a missing grand before they left.

I don't hold that it happens "all the time" unless someone is as DAF/naive/stupid/retarded/blind/moronic/comatose to allow this to happen. Who comes to KOW without even the slightest bit of Google research which doesn't tell you to be careful???? Apart from your "friend", I've not met a single barang expat that this has happened to.
User avatar
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 am
Reputation: 1504
Location: Behind you.
Australia

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm

I met an Irish guy in Vang Vieng years ago who started drinking at the same bar. One day about 3pm he walks in blind rolling drunk and not happy as the girls at a massage shop lifted his money after he passed out drunk on the table. Two weeks later around 3pm he comes in pissed (he was always pissed) and complains he passed out again on the same massage table and the girls relieved him of money one more time. I asked him why on earth would he go back knowing they're a bunch of thieves? "Because they're sexy chicks, and I think one likes me." was his reply.

At the end of the day some people deserve to have their money taken.
The idea that seeing the world is going from place to place to look at obvious things is an illusion natural to dull minds.
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 101
Great Britain

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Yerg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm
I met an Irish guy in Vang Vieng years ago who started drinking at the same bar. One day about 3pm he walks in blind rolling drunk and not happy as the girls at a massage shop lifted his money after he passed out drunk on the table. Two weeks later around 3pm he comes in pissed (he was always pissed) and complains he passed out again on the same massage table and the girls relieved him of money one more time. I asked him why on earth would he go back knowing they're a bunch of thieves? "Because they're sexy chicks, and I think one likes me."

At the end of the day most people deserve to have their money taken.
There it is!!!!
User avatar
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 am
Reputation: 1504
Location: Behind you.
Australia

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Yerg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm

At the end of the day most people deserve to have their money taken.
There it is!!!!
[/quote]
I thought it best to change "most" to "some".
The idea that seeing the world is going from place to place to look at obvious things is an illusion natural to dull minds.
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 101
Great Britain

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Yerg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 pm

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Yerg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm

At the end of the day most people deserve to have their money taken.
There it is!!!!
I thought it best to change "most" to "some".
[/quote]

Tomato/Tomato... Put yourself in the position, deserve everything you get.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm
Reputation: 54
Cook Islands

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by mouytiet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Yerg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm
mouytiet wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Happens all the time, most people to embrassed to say, there very skilled as it is a very good earner, good mate drunk as fck got done a grand only told me.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Okay, so your mate is drunk. Got pinged for a grand. At what point did he notice? I haven't been for a single massage where I paid upfront. Always paid after the event. Maybe in 2 and a half years I just got super lucky. (Okay, yes, you've been here a hundred years and know better than me, whatever, get over yourself.) But paying for my massage after the event, I think I'd notice a grand out of my wallet. Nonetheless, I go to a ropey-soapy-dopey happy-ending place, paid up front, was stupid enough to have a grand in my wallet and didn't check before I left, drunk or otherwise???? Nah, I call BS. There is not a user on this forum that would not check their wallet and spot a missing grand before they left.

I don't hold that it happens "all the time" unless someone is as DAF/naive/stupid/retarded/blind/moronic/comatose to allow this to happen. Who comes to KOW without even the slightest bit of Google research which doesn't tell you to be careful???? Apart from your "friend", I've not met a single barang expat that this has happened to.
not missing, replaced not noticed till next day when had to pay bills, yes very stupid.
andy1
Expatriate
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 am
Reputation: 73
Korea North

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by andy1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 pm

what i want to know is.......did she get a happy ending????
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6230
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2118
Yemen

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by John Bingham » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:03 am

I was wondering that, why would someone go and get a massage on 172, is it a lesbo thing?
angsta
Expatriate
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:54 am
Reputation: 19
Saudi Arabia

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by angsta » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 am

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm
Someone should go there with nothing but a bunch of fake 100s in their wallet and report back their reaction. Would make for a great hidden camera video.
This is a good idea.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cinnamoncat, Element6, Freightdog, Ghostwriter, lurcio, Majestic-12 [Bot], ofparadise, Pedroviera and 253 guests