Goodbye Manfred

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Goodbye Manfred

Post by phuketrichard »

I have never understood why anyone would help a homeless Barang, I am not heartless, but it seems if they truly are broke and without passport, all they need do is go to their embassy, they will assist in contacting anyone they know back home. If worst comes to worst and no one will help, they will give ya ,( you need pay back) a emergency passport and flight home

So, they are choosing to remain in this situation.
Respect their decision an leave them the fuck alone
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I saw him often when I first came here. He used to drink cans of beer outside the shop next to Red Fox 2.

One day he fell off his chair and into the gutter and just lay there. I thought maybe he was dead. Two blokes from across the street eventually came and picked him up and got him to his feet whereupon everyone got to see his filthy grey tracksuit with a huge wet piss stain under his ass. I was very glad I never moved from my seat.

I pity the poor sod who gets to sit next to him on the flight back to Germany...
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Thats why they keep them in immagration for 3 months, gets them off the gear or beer. :boxing:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PIEMAN wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm :stir: Thats why they keep them in immagration for 3 months, gets them off the gear or beer. :boxing:
?? BS: ur saying they arrest you an than what? lock you up, feed you for 3 months and than what? allow you back on the streets>
They lock you up till they can deport you.
Which leads me to ask, Who pays ? Ur Embassy?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:06 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm :stir: Thats why they keep them in immagration for 3 months, gets them off the gear or beer. :boxing:
?? BS: ur saying they arrest you an than what? lock you up, feed you for 3 months and than what? allow you back on the streets>
I believe your embassy pays for deportation if you have no other means but you then owe it to your government.i would imagine it takes a while to be deported but would of thought a lot quicker than 3 months.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Most of them come from Thailand so they only need to put them on a cheap flight to BKK, with some guards.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

They bring them to the border by bus. Or at least, that's what happened to someone I know (why spend on a flight?).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm Most of them come from Thailand so they only need to put them on a cheap flight to BKK, with some guards.
Urban Myth, are you thinking all these expats hold thai passports?
why would they send them to Thailand?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm Most of them come from Thailand so they only need to put them on a cheap flight to BKK, with some guards.
Urban Myth, are you thinking all these expats hold thai passports?
why would they send them to Thailand?
Do you know what an urban myth is? Overstayers are usually sent to the country they entered from.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:06 pm
Well i have had 2 friends who ended up in immagration.Both were there for 3 months before being deported.One was Belguim the other Dutch,they have no embassies in Cambodia.
Manfred may be lucky as the German embassy are very good and he has a 500 euro plus pension.But the aversge time spent in immagration is 3 months if your Embassy is useless.
Ps you your family or friends have to pay for the airfare,as i was involved in both fares that were paid in full a month before they were released i suggest the khmers aint bothered sbout the buck they spend per day on food per person.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic