How can I be sure that the aircon I buy

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

How can I be sure that the aircon I buy

Post by Jaap N. »

is an authentic Panasonic and not a copy?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: How can I be sure that the aircon I buy

Post by logos »

Fake branded Aircon ?

Just buy from a legit electrical goods store. I bought maybe 10 aircons in the past few months and never had any issues. If it's for yourself it's worth getting one with inverter. The price difference will pay for itself within 4-5 months tops.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

What about one that is quiet on the outside unit ?

My neighbors don't like the noise of my current air con.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

logos wrote:Fake branded Aircon ?

Just buy from a legit electrical goods store. I bought maybe 10 aircons in the past few months and never had any issues. If it's for yourself it's worth getting one with inverter. The price difference will pay for itself within 4-5 months tops.
You sound like a very cool guy, 10 aircons.... :)
Somebody hinted at there being fake branded aircons around, hence my question. With 'inverter' you mean the ones that have 2 units, 1 outside and 1 inside? That's what 'm after.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Never heard of fake aircons either (same for other major appliances likes fridges and washing machines). I have a 1.5hp Panasonic Inverter aircons at home and it's great. Quiet too (both inside and outside). There's a good shop on the southern side of Central Market (double or triple shophouse) near the south-eastern corner of the market.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Dara wrote:What about one that is quiet on the outside unit ?

My neighbors don't like the noise of my current air con.
Ha! You are the only good neighbor in the kingdom!
Jaap N. wrote: With 'inverter' you mean the ones that have 2 units, 1 outside and 1 inside? That's what 'm after.
I would definitely take Logos's advice and get an inverter.

They look the same as the old ones, but they are able to run much more efficient, saving you lots!

I think they advertise saving you 30% on power, and I honestly believe it!

I've never heard of a fake aircon, but wouldn't surprise me. Check the box, instruction manual, serial/model number on the actual unit, etc, to see if it checks out.

Seems most counterfeit items take a lot of shortcuts. Shocking, right?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Thank you, will go out for one this afternoon!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Don't forget to clean the fins on the evaporator (gently) from time to time.

I got a shocker of a power bill last month and thought someone was milking. After checking the meter box outside and the cable leading to my place I figured something else was wrong. That led me to checking the evap on the air cond unit. It was chock a block full of shit. I cleaned it out with a brush and some water and got rid of most of the crap.

Next power bill down $20!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The aircon needs to be re-gassed and completely cleaned about once a year. Cost is normally around $25. My one was working at minimum effectiveness,set to 16C and the room was still warm. After the clean, very cool at 27C.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

vladimir wrote:The aircon needs to be re-gassed and completely cleaned about once a year. Cost is normally around $25. My one was working at minimum effectiveness,set to 16C and the room was still warm. After the clean, very cool at 27C.
Yes, I guess maintenance is important for any machine, be it an aircon, moto, car, etc. Btw, having an aircon installed this afternoon (bedroom). Looking forward to cool nights! :Yahoo!:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic