Big Gay Trip.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Big Gay Trip.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Jossie Evans

Jocelyn Evans
26 June 2019

With my nearest and dearest beside me, sipping long-haul flight freebie wine and battling with an in-flight entertainment system, I made the decision: The Big Gay Trip.

"Before I knew it, I was suddenly very much alone in Hanoi, ready to dive into the deep end of lesbian life Vietnamese-style. Alas, the queers weren’t forthcoming."

"I found one lesbian bar (open!) in Phnom Penh where I was greeted on arrival by the sight of three French guys, and a lot of empty seats."In that same disappointing bar in Phnom Penh I found Q Magazine – a wonderful celebration of LGBTQ voices from around Cambodia. "

"Time and again in the search for a lively queer nightlife I found the local gay bar rebranded and often very run-down"

" I took refuge from the rain with a beer and women who also wanted to undress women. I flirted and had the sudden realisation it had been months since I’d had a casually flirtatious conversation with another woman."

"A drunken afterparty at a bowling alley in Laos just had one too many guys in canvas shorts and flat peaks for me to feel comfortable going along as the only queer woman. "

Full posting.php?mode=post&f=3
andy_morris
Expatriate

Re: Big Gay Trip.

Post by andy_morris »

I think the link supplied just links back to the thread, or maybe my tapatalk is acting up.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Brings me directly to : Add a new topic.

Something is wrong.

Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Mmmmm... a can of Japanese gay coffee! Where do I get me some o' dat?
You could be next.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 pm I found one lesbian bar (open!) in Phnom Penh where I was greeted on arrival by the sight of three French guys
Did she just assume their gender? Perhaps they were trans. Could also just have been French women. It's not easy to tell the frogs apart sometimes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic