The Youngest Drag Queen on the Scene.

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

The Youngest Drag Queen on the Scene.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Image: Khmer Times

By Anith Adilah Othman
July 5, 2019

Today, Kim is one of the most sought-after drag performers in Phnom Penh with over three years of experience under his corset.

"In the midst of sweaty bodies gyrating against each other, one star caught the curiosity of Anith Adilah Othman. This is the story of the youngest drag queen on the scene, better known among local drag fanatics as Fendii Charms."

"Armed with the little knowledge of what drag is, Kim signed up for a pageant called Miss Blue Chilli Queen 2015, where he lost to other seasoned queens. However, the manager of Blue Chili, who was also in the crowd, saw his potential"

"“In Cambodia, unfortunately the misconception is that if you are gay, it means that you are a transwoman. The confusion was more apparent when I told my parents I wanted to do drag. All they heard was – horrors! — their nightmare coming true."

"“A casual drag look from head to toe would cost about $100 and I am not even talking a full pageant glam. I only make roughly $25 dollars a night. We are on the losing end, always."

Full https://www.khmertimeskh.com/621348/you ... -the-land/