Jekyll and Hyde

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Jekyll and Hyde

Post by vladimir »

One thing that I've noticed in Cambodia: you meet Khmers, and they're extremely polite and friendly. You take this same guy or woman and put them in a car, especially a SUV, and they turn into some kind of monster, willing to run over monks, old ladies and small children in their frantic rush to get home and lie in the hammock.

I've also noticed that they go especially gaga after dark, and the max effect is if it is dark and raining, like last night. I survived the gauntlet home, but only just. It was as if I was covered in pig's blood and the zombies had homed in n me, every retarded hammock lizard was targeting me.

The next day, all smiles again, polite, friendly, chatting Khmers showing the civilised side. :D

Then: climb into the car, turn the ignition key...and the horror emerges... :evil: :dragonchase:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Post by Joker Poker »

Yep, how do you turn a Khmer into an arsehole?

Give them a car.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Reminds me of an old classic: how do you double the value of a Lada Niva (or insert the name of your least favorite POS vehicle)? Fill the tank.
Last edited by StroppyChops on Sat May 24, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

A modernized version: how to you turn a Google Glass owner into a Glasshole? Too late.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

A little enforcement of the laws by the police, specially in Snookyville, would help put a stop to the crazy driving. I was setting at a stoplight (yes, I stop at stoplights), in Snooky and two motos, a tuk-tuk, a car and then a police motorcycle went through the red light. The cop stopped no one. I blame the bad driving, accidents and deaths on the lazy police. You fine people (more than a dollar) and/or take away their vehicle, they most times get the idea.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I see often that it is police or state plated vehicles that are leading the masses in sheer stupidity on the roads. Can't see it changing unless there is the political will.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Joker Poker wrote:Yep, how do you turn a Khmer into an arsehole?

Give them a car.
+1 and I'd give you Karma if I could on TapaTalk.

That's why I don't want a car. I'd have to body slam my gf the moment she turns into one of them.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

thePeck wrote:That's why I don't want a car. I'd have to body slam my gf the moment she turns into one of them.
That's cool. I wish Mrs Stroppy could do that.
mynameisphil
Tourist

Post by mynameisphil »

thePeck wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Yep, how do you turn a Khmer into an arsehole?

Give them a car.
+1 and I'd give you Karma if I could on TapaTalk.

That's why I don't want a car. I'd have to body slam my gf the moment she turns into one of them.
I can't get the forum on Tapatalk for some reason, just doesn't come up.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

StroppyChops wrote:
thePeck wrote:That's why I don't want a car. I'd have to body slam my gf the moment she turns into one of them.
That's cool. I wish Mrs Stroppy could do that.
transformer joke, very clever!
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic