Cambodia's Prey Sar prison is like hell, says ex-inmate.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Cambodia's Prey Sar prison is like hell, says ex-inmate.

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Allow that, I'd rather get shot trying to escape.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Marc
Tourist
Germany

Post by Marc »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm Interesting footage. I'm not sure that guy is starving, he's more likely got Tuberculosis or some other disease.
The official diagnosis was kidney and lung malfunction.
Typical for malnutrition.
oldfatbarang
Expatriate

Post by oldfatbarang »

sklmeera wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 am What do they expect . They are criminals and are there to be punished for their crimes and as a deterrent to others. If you make it nice and easy like in UK people will not be scared of going to prison and violent crime will continue unabated as in the UK . 6 years in easy prison for premeditated murder in the UK . What a fking joke the British penal system is .
Political opponents are not common criminals.There are plenty of criminals in Cambodian prisons however participating in an opposition political party is not normally considered as crininal behavior.I am not sure if the practice of beating inmates who can not pay bribes to the guards is a common practice in Cambodia.However I do know that it is a common practice in the immigration facility in Bangkok Thailand.Each cell has a rrom chief that is appointed by the guards.If the room chief can not pay the guards he is beaten.The room chief has several assistants who gang up in inmates who refuse to chip in and beat them.I do not know if this pracitce occurs in the prisons in Cambodia but I can;t imagine that the Cambodian jailers would be less corrupt then the Thai jailers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic