Wanted - Part Time Assistant / Childcare

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Juzzers
Tourist
Great Britain

Wanted - Part Time Assistant / Childcare

Post by Juzzers »

Hi,

This is a somewhat unusual job but should be pretty easy money for very little work - suitable for someone with a mature attitude and integrity.

I live in the UK, but my daughter Angelina who is 3.5 years old, has Down's Syndrome and lives in Phnom Penh with her mother.

Unfortunately her mother is addicted to gambling and so I cannot trust what she tells me as she has a habit of gambling away the money I send for childcare.

I need someone who can check that my daughter's basic needs are being met - such as food being bought for her, that she's being taken to school, her living conditions are OK etc.

This will probably only take one or two hours a week at convenient times - as I say it's only checking up on her occasionally rather than needing to do any actual work.

Her mother speaks reasonable English but if you can speak Khmer that would certainly be a bonus.

You need to have a smart phone so you can stay in touch with me and send pictures so I can see she's OK and for things like receipts etc.

As I say, this is a very flexible position with very little work involved but is very important to me.

I would pay something like $75 a week which I think is a pretty good hourly rate! So if you're interested or can recommend someone, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Justin.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Wanted - Part Time Assistant / Childcare

Post by rozzieoz »

With all due respect - this sounds like a minefield of potential problems for the assistant. :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

I have been involved with this story from when Angelina was born. The mother has a gambling problem and can not be trusted to administer Justins support responsibly.

On the positive side there is a very loving Grandmother whom l know well. Also many Khmer Aunties and Uncles that are very aware of mother's problem. They have been active in Angelina's life. So there is a good family also watching and helping bring Angelina up.

If anyone can help by being a bit of a watch dog l guess it would be great. Angelina has a few health issues but is doing well last l heard.

Justin is a wonderful guy and never turned his back on a very tricky situation.

I dont live in Cambodia anymore so can't personally help.
Juzzers
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Juzzers »

Hi Paparazzi,

Thanks for your kind words. Hope everything is going good with you.

Just to clarify, this arrangement would be with the agreement of Angelina's mother and her family - otherwise it obviously wouldn't work.

It's also a chance to do something good to help out a lovely little girl who needs a bit of extra support from a caring person who can keep an eye on her.

I have been trying to organise to get her British citizenship which is complicated by the fact I was born in Singapore and therefore requires going through quite a complex application process with the Home Office.

As you might imagine progress has been very slow on getting the Cambodian paperwork side of things achieved!

When she grows up she may well need medical attention due to her Down's Syndrome and I would dearly love to get her citizenship so she would be eligible for NHS treatment if she ever needs it.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

She is lucky to have you in her life!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

I have sent you a PM
Irony Man
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Irony Man »

Interested.
Juzzers
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Juzzers »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies and messages but mcam is currently help me with this matter.

Cheers,

Justin.
SreyNak Mao
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SreyNak Mao »

Hi Justin,

I am Nak who is now looking for a part time job. I have read and understood your situation. I am a Cambodian so I can speak Khmer and fluent in English. I have smart phone that you prefer.

I am honest and reliable person. I used to be an English teacher at Home of English School. I love kids. I think I can do this job for you. However, If I have an opportunity to do this job. I will do my best.

Thanks,
Nak
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic