Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Brody »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am I am all for respect being given to newbies and have i posted about it before. But film fixers, of all people, should be able to take bit of banter like this without screaming "Troll!".
This member signed up for a specific purpose. I suspect they didn't join to be an active part of the community and become part of our reindeer games.

Learn to differentiate, Stern.

Some members join to sell stuff, offer employment opportunities, etc. and that's it. Never to be heard from again.

Some members join with the intent to be a contributing, active, dynamic member for an extended period of time.

I'd say the former, more often than not, don't appreciate "banter" whilst the latter might enjoy a little.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am National Geographic, Discovery and History channels became over dramatized, graphics laden, exaggerated pieces of documentary tripe causing me to lose all respect for a brand I'd trusted since I was a little boy pawing over my father's subscriptions with wonder and amazement as I learned about the world. I can't bear to watch any of their Hollywood, scripted crap.
Well said Hillbilly !

I remember reading Nat Geo and Discovery magazines as a kid. Yes, you lovely millennial superstars, there were magical things called magazines, many moons ago.

Even the early days of the Nat Geo, Discovery and History TV channels were good. You'd take away so much from them. Just like sitting in a school classroom.

But like Hillbilly says, it's all been morphed and twisted into a heap of realityTV style mush. Unrecognizable and utterly vapid.

I'm going to call ageism on this whole thing. I'm in my 40's but am told almost daily, by trusted female 'friends' that I'm very handsome and don't look a day over 30.

I'm going to try out for a role and if they decline, I'm suing for ageism. Take that Nat Geo ;-)

But this is getting dangerously off topic.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am
Film Fixers Cambodia wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
Members: please cut the new member some slack and treat the topic with appropriate respect.
With sincere due respect Clutch and OP, where exactly do you see disrespect?
It looks to me like a bunch of members having a bit of fun.
Maybe until the OP came back with their second ever post and accuses members of trolling and suggesting they go elsewhere.
Yes, i commented that is being "fragile". In the context it is - and i will double up and say also "a bit disrespectful" on their part.

I am all for respect being given to newbies and have i posted about it before. But film fixers, of all people, should be able to take bit of banter like this without screaming "Troll!".
OP posted a genuine request for help wanted. Some members had fun with that before and after OP mentioned it was not appreciated. CEO should treat new members better than that imo. And in this case be more sensitive to the topic rather than trivialising it. I posted the comment to prevent further escalation. This is not the topic for banter.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

But this is getting dangerously off topic.
And this.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

New hammer being used. Good job.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

...anyway, what was this thread about again?.... lol!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 am ...anyway, what was this thread about again?.... lol!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Film Fixers Cambodia wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 am We are casting for 'extras' with minor speaking roles for a new National Geographic program being filmed in Phnom Penh during August 4-9 2019.

No previous acting experience is required however applicants should be comfortable reciting a few lines on camera.

We are currently seeking extras for the following roles:

1) Character 1: Caucasian Male, Early 20's with an American Accent. Clean cut appearance. Nicely spoken, Caring person.
2) Character 2: Caucasian Male, Early 20's to mid 30's. Handsome, medium height and build. Well spoken. Wealthy background, likes to party.
3) Character 3: African Male, early 20's to Mid 30's West African Accent. Confident and Street Smart.
4) African Male, American Accent 20's to mid 30's. Tall (over 6'2"). A cool DJ.
5) Character 4: Thai Male Age 30's medium build, official. Could be Khmer with Thai look.
6) Character 5: Korean Look Female, Early 20's, very pretty, slim build. Can be Khmer girl with 'KPOP look' and moderate english language skills.
7) Character 6: Caucasian Male, Age: 30's. Street Smart, Calm, Collected and a bit Edgy and Tough. British Accent.

Send submissions of interest with a selfie photo to: [email protected] and please provide your phone number so we can follow up.

Thanks for your interest.
Film Fixers Cambodia.
[Mod edit: OK, I've locked the topic. Anyone interested or need more info can contact the OP at the above email address.]
Locked Previous topicNext topic