Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Film Fixers Cambodia
Tourist

Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Film Fixers Cambodia »

We are casting for 'extras' with minor speaking roles for a new National Geographic program being filmed in Phnom Penh during August 4-9 2019.

No previous acting experience is required however applicants should be comfortable reciting a few lines on camera.

We are currently seeking extras for the following roles:

1) Character 1: Caucasian Male, Early 20's with an American Accent. Clean cut appearance. Nicely spoken, Caring person.
2) Character 2: Caucasian Male, Early 20's to mid 30's. Handsome, medium height and build. Well spoken. Wealthy background, likes to party.
3) Character 3: African Male, early 20's to Mid 30's West African Accent. Confident and Street Smart.
4) African Male, American Accent 20's to mid 30's. Tall (over 6'2"). A cool DJ.
5) Character 4: Thai Male Age 30's medium build, official. Could be Khmer with Thai look.
6) Character 5: Korean Look Female, Early 20's, very pretty, slim build. Can be Khmer girl with 'KPOP look' and moderate english language skills.
7) Character 6: Caucasian Male, Age: 30's. Street Smart, Calm, Collected and a bit Edgy and Tough. British Accent.

Send submissions of interest with a selfie photo to: [email protected] and please provide your phone number so we can follow up.

Thanks for your interest.
Film Fixers Cambodia.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I will never believe anything I see on National Geographic again.
You could be next.
Film Fixers Cambodia
Tourist

Post by Film Fixers Cambodia »

In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Film Fixers Cambodia wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
That's not really how forums work
What is the re-enactment?
People might want to know if they are be portrayed as members of a drug-running ring etc

monstra mihi bona!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

contact Miriam
PM sent
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Judging by the casting calls motley crew of characters I'm assuming this is for locked up abroad
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Film Fixers Cambodia wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
Members: please cut the new member some slack and treat the topic with appropriate respect.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

National Geographic, Discovery and History channels became over dramatized, graphics laden, exaggerated pieces of documentary tripe causing me to lose all respect for a brand I'd trusted since I was a little boy pawing over my father's subscriptions with wonder and amazement as I learned about the world. I can't bear to watch any of their Hollywood, scripted crap.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am National Geographic, Discovery and History channels became over dramatized, graphics laden, exaggerated pieces of documentary tripe causing me to lose all respect for a brand I'd trusted since I was a little boy pawing over my father's subscriptions with wonder and amazement as I learned about the world. I can't bear to watch any of their Hollywood, scripted crap.
Exactly as I feel. And the endlessly repetitive 'commercials' for their own shows that are broadcast at a higher dB level than the program.
You could be next.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am
Members: please cut the new member some slack and treat the topic with appropriate respect.
With sincere due respect Clutch and OP, where exactly do you see disrespect?
It looks to me like a bunch of members having a bit of fun.
Maybe until the OP came back with their second ever post and accuses members of trolling and suggesting they go elsewhere.
Yes, i commented that is being "fragile". In the context it is - and i will double up and say also "a bit disrespectful" on their part.

I am all for respect being given to newbies and have i posted about it before. But film fixers, of all people, should be able to take bit of banter like this without screaming "Troll!".
Locked Previous topicNext topic