Chinese Armed Forces of Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Chinese Armed Forces of Cambodia

Post by Arget »

In this nation those with the big boy pants make the rules to suit themselves. Corruption is something that only happens when another person doesn't share their toys with you. Being able to purchase a position in the competent authority is your right of passage and and your duty to pay now and collect later as you move up the "corporate"ladder , as it were is a business decision. You may, or may not, be required to attend on a regular basis but your recompense is assured.
To expect words like democracy, legitimate,bribery to name a few, to have the same literal meanings in KoW as in other stagnant western countries shows ones inability to evolve with the BRI and other UN backed initiatives.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Brody wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm I am not privy to the specific machinations of how exactly a Chin ends up behind the wheel of a military plated vehicle.

Chinese national held for wearing RCAF uniform in Preah Sihanouk

The forces also confiscated two cars with RCAF licence plates from the offender, who had recently arrived from Macau.

Local media said a friend of Jingsen had come to pick him up in his friend’s car, which had the military uniform.

He donned the uniform as a joke and took some pictures and videos. Jingsen said he did not know that the photos and video were going to be posted. After the videos went viral, he was arrested.

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/ch ... h-sihanouk
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Look at it another way. In the PRC, citizens are so watched that even jaywalking gets dings their social credit.

In Cambodia, PRC citizens can live out all their wildest fantasies without such worries.

Welcome to the Wild West .. PRC China style.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

and again the Chinese in the cars of the Cambodian army :(

Image19_05960 by Igor SINUS Sokolov, on Flickr
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

SINUS wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm and again the Chinese in the cars of the Cambodian army :(

Image19_05960 by Igor SINUS Sokolov, on Flickr
How do you know the "Chinese in the car"s were Chinese?

You copyright your photos? I noticed the copyright logo on your photo.

Brother, mid to high level Khmers haven't had it this good in a while. They're making money hand over fist from these Chinese.

Renting out their plated vehicles at extortionate prices
Renting themselves out as fixers/facilitators at extortionate prices
Accepting extortionately high bribes/tea-money for mundane machinations
Ad infinitum

I'd imaging they're running scams on top of scams, wringing as much money from these cashed-up, doltish Chins as is humanly possible.

A fucking Cadillac Escalade....the God damned cheek of it....if all the bleeding-heart Westerners giving donations to Cambodia NGO's had any inkling of the obscene wealth and sheer number of 6 to low 7 figure luxury vehicles floating around....they might just zip up the purse strings and say, "You know, Cambodia should probably start taking care of itself."
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Brody wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 pm
How do you know the "Chinese in the car"s were Chinese?

You copyright your photos? I noticed the copyright logo on your photo.
All photos posted in this forum were made by me personally.
about the Chinese in Cadillac - I took a photo near ABA Bank.
This car does not go, it stands in the "parking".
People in civilian clothes came out of the Cadillac with military license plates and they spoke Chinese.
I did not have time to take a picture of them, sorry. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic