Truck rental and movers

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Truck rental and movers

Post by Jcml19 »

Any recommendations or guidance on how best to move my crap from phnom penh to sisophon? I was thinking about renting a truck or hiring movers with a truck.

I'll appreciate any insight, thanks!
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Truck rental and movers

Post by j57 »

there are trucks with drivers near the art deco old market that you can hire very reasonable...if you need helpers...they can get them..
i found a guy to move me from Kampot to Siem Reap and take a load to Phnom Penh...
the price was so low I bought the guy a hotel room to rest in..
good luck
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

j57 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:45 am i found a guy to move me from Kampot to Siem Reap and take a load to Phnom Penh...
the price was so low I bought the guy a hotel room to rest in..
good luck
Low as in $50 bucks? I just need a general idea
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Depends on the truck size. 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 tons? To give you a rough idea, a truck to Kampot is about $120. Bed size is about 1.6x3m or so. Different markets tend to cater to different destinations, but I think Central Market goes to Bantey Menchey. One truck would likely be something like $100-150 if I were to guess.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 pm Depends on the truck size. 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 tons? To give you a rough idea, a truck to Kampot is about $120. Bed size is about 1.6x3m or so. Different markets tend to cater to different destinations, but I think Central Market goes to Bantey Menchey. One truck would likely be something like $100-150 if I were to guess.
Thanks for the tip! My thought was to start out at $100 and see how it goes. Time to try out my negotiation skills, let the adventure begin :crazy:
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

the post was right on the kampot to PP..
i gave the guy $180 to Siem Reap plus a tip and I gave him a few bucks for a room to sleep...he drove his ass off.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Move update... Paid $280 for my move from Phnom Penh to sisiphon.. took forever but I had too much crap queen, fridge, ac, motorbike, etc..

Probably overpaid but was desperate.. drop a line and I can send u peeps the contact details for the mover.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic