From handycam tape to dvd

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

From handycam tape to dvd

Post by Arget »

Hi all I have found an old tape recorded a while ago (2000) and I would like to have it put onto a DVD or on to a Thumb drive.
Is there anyone who knows where I can get this done in Phnom Penh please?

ImageImage
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: From handycam tape to dvd

Post by Arget »

I guess no body knows any place to get this service in PP so I started by hitting up a few DVD stores that copy their products. I was sent to "shops around Central market" NO nothing there, one place recomended upstairs in Soya Mall. NO nothing there. I was about to give it away for the day and was walking back on street 154 near 51 and dropped into a Camera shop. He said go back the other end of 154. Did that F..all there.
I remembered that there were some places down near Sihanookville and 51 so headed that way (walking all this time) When I was heading up 63 just opposite IBC I saw this place Rasmeitantan Media Service. Showed lady my tape and she asked if I wanted DVD, VCD and I asked if she could do to a "hard drive" (Thumb drive) She don't speak English and my limited Khmer was able to get her to say "Ja".
I walked over to IBC , bought a Thumb drive and took it back. She took my number and thumb drive and motioned she would call when ready........don't know how we will talk but lets wait and see.
3 and a half hours after I left home I walked back in. Fairly good walk but a bit warm

Anyway here is where I went. I will update on the result when I get it back.

ImageImage
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Nice, I copied all my own a decade back & was just looking through my very first trip to Cambodia the other day funnily enough. It did remind me though that I think I have 2 more such tapes stashed away somewhere that I never copied & I've lost the wire I needed for the old camcorder/PC rig. Interested to see how this turns out. :thumbsup:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

No luck yet. It has been a bit of 'I know I know" attitude when I show the tape but alas so far from the two places that have tried its a no go. I will try a couple more .
dodiengdaga
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by dodiengdaga »

Any luck with the conversion, Arget?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Sorry to advise that no one seems to be able to convert it. I have tried everywhere I can think of but will now send it back to Australia with a mate who is coming over so he can get it done there. I will update when I know more.
dodiengdaga
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by dodiengdaga »

Arget wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 am Sorry to advise that no one seems to be able to convert it. I have tried everywhere I can think of but will now send it back to Australia with a mate who is coming over so he can get it done there. I will update when I know more.
Best of luck!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/ph ... l-3417308/

Failing that the barebones way would be to get a video player and play the tape on a screen with the volume up, use a mobile device (phone) on a stand aimed as perfectly as possible as the screen in a room with decent acoustic dampening and as little outside noise / visible disturbance as possible.

The quality decline will be hardly noticeable tbh

Just realised what kind of tape it is, ignore me...
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic