City buses: Getting around Phnom Penh on the cheap

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: City buses: Getting around Phnom Penh on the cheap

Post by Luigi »

Seems it might be a decent way to just see the sights at leisure. Would learn a lot about the city. Then get a Grab or Uber when you've had enuff.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm
(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 pm http://www.phnompenhcitybus.gov.kh/road2
there are a few buses there but trail and error to see them
Yeah it's a bit tricky if you can't read Khmer for some of the stops. Same on the Stops Near Me app as well.
More on the Stops Near Me app for the city bus system. More and more buses are available now. And don't forget the new ferries.
Stops Near Me app helps you find a bus in Phnom Penh
Travelling by bus is made easier with the information provided on the “Stops Near Me Phnom Penh Bus” mobile application. Finding information on bus stops in your area can be difficult; now you can get all that information on your phone with this app.

The app provides all the information about bus stops in Phnom Penh and also a map of buses running in the city. You can find nearby city bus stops in Phnom Penh with just a click on your phone.

The app helps you save time in travelling to reach your location. Within the app, you can also view buses’ locations in real time. Because of this function, you can estimate when your bus will arrive more easily. Moreover, this app allows you to set an alert for any bus stops; you will be notified 200m ahead of arrival. Just make sure that your phone has GPS available.

Make your travel plans via this application by using an overview map of bus lines. There are two languages available: Khmer and English. You can use your own preferences. The Stops Near Me Phnom Penh Bus mobile application is available via both App Store and Google Play for free.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5097084/st ... hnom-penh/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update posted by armchairlawyer : general-chatter/phnom-penh-city-bus-rou ... 24500.html
Putting it here so it will be easy to find.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

It says on that map that the buses are free for teachers.

Does that include barangs?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 pm It says on that map that the buses are free for teachers.

Does that include barangs?

Dont complicate the issue. If it free ,, it's free. I often have a argument with the drivers who say it's free for over 70 year olds but not for 70 yo barangs. I tell them they are only drivers and dont know the rules so phone your boss, cause he told me it's free for me.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

How much for a bus ticket for all those who are not 70 year old+ school teachers ? 1000 or 2000r ?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I think it's 1500r.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

(Phnom Penh): The Phnom Penh Municipal Administration has announced on 4 July 2019 that the Capital Administration uses the CITY BUS APP to facilitate waiting and to inform you of the real time of arrival of the bus.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Transport Ministry Floats Bus Lanes Idea to Ease Phnom Penh Traffic
Fri Dec 6, 2019 12:49 pm

The Transport Ministry is looking into introducing express lanes for buses on Phnom Penh’s roads to help reduce traffic jams in the increasingly congested capital.

Transport Minister Sun Chanthol told reporters of the idea after a city transportation forum in Phnom Penh on Thursday.

“We are studying whether we should have a special lane for city buses, because if we take the bus and still get traffic jams just the same, people don’t want to take it,” Chanthol said.

The lanes could also be open to cars carrying more than one person, he said. Drivers traveling alone in their cars would be prevented from benefiting from the express lanes.

Chanthol did not give a timetable for the feasibility study’s completion.

Penny Low, founder of Singaporean nonprofit Social Innovation Park, told the forum that the city needed to move beyond private transportation.

Shared vehicles and public transport should be encouraged on both the roads and the country’s waterways, she said.

“It’s also an initiative to use more modes — different modes of transportation — not just restricted to what’s on the road but also what is on the water, because you have a beautiful river that crosses a rather large part of Cambodia,” Low said.

According to the Transport Ministry, there are roughly 500,000 cars, 40,000 tuk-tuks and 1.3 million motorbikes in Phnom Penh.

City Hall spokesman Met Measpheakdey told VOD in October that Phnom Penh’s public bus service, relaunched in 2014, had grown to 13 lines and 230 buses with about 30,000 passengers a day — up from 8,000 passengers a day two years ago.

(Translated and edited from the original article on VOD Khmer)

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

“We are studying whether we should have a special lane for city buses, because if we take the bus and still get traffic jams just the same, people don’t want to take it,” Chanthol said.

The lanes could also be open to cars carrying more than one person, he said. Drivers traveling alone in their cars would be prevented from benefiting from the express lanes.
Good luck enforcing that one.. :whip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic