Legal connect wanted to purchase Cambodian citizenship

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Legal connect wanted to purchase Cambodian citizenship

Post by frank lee bent »

He is an Australian fruitarian
Not a Chinese investor.

The wildlife and canines will be relieved.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

logos wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:53 am Hey, maybe he's Chinese and he just wants to go with the flow?
I heard it was being made very difficult if not impossible for (ordinary) Chinese to get citizenship now. I cannot substantiate that claim, just repeating what was said to me
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Legal connect wanted to purchase citizenship

Post by Element6 »

bittermelon wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:04 pm There was a thread that discussed buying citizenship a while back but I can't find it. As I recall it wasn't cheap- 100k+ I think, but even with the money not a sure thing.
$100k was what I heard also as the going price and agreed it is not a certain thing. Someone even told me that you now needed to give evidence of $1M bank balance as well but like my previous comment I cant substantiate that fact
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Does anybody know any westerner that has bought citizenship?

Know personally, for sure and certain. Not chinese whispers.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:Does anybody know any westerner that has bought citizenship?

Lol! Chinese whispers!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 am Does anybody know any westerner that has bought citizenship?

yes 2 that I know of with absolute certainty. A third told me he had it but I didnt see for myself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic