Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by wackyjacky »

They had to blow town & abandon their cars due to the locals believing Clarkson's license plate H982FKL referred to the Falkland's War. http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/o ... arkson-bbc

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by frank lee bent »

Clarkson goes a bit far sometimes. He seems drunk to me.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

ImageImage
Scarier than malaria.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Mr Curious wrote:I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
I disagree. Us Brits couldn't give a flying fuck about the empire, or are embarrassed by it's brutality and exploitation. It's never mentioned, unless by others when blaming slavery on any white people whatsoever, from parts of Europe. Or people on the internet dragging up the past for no apparent reason whatsoever. It isn't taught in schools. It's over, finished, in the past, and most Brits couldn't tell you much about it. Time you got over it!
The Falklands war was in the eighties. And mega rich, spoiled, middle class twits like Clarkson, aren't representative of Bits in general. Obviously. :facepalm:
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Clarkson's the only reason I download TG. Without him it would be worse than the American spin off - which is un-watchable & totally sucks.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

For all you Clarkson fans....here is a funny piss take.

Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

UKJ wrote:
Mr Curious wrote:I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
I disagree. Us Brits couldn't give a flying fuck about the empire, or are embarrassed by it's brutality and exploitation. It's never mentioned, unless by others when blaming slavery on any white people whatsoever, from parts of Europe. Or people on the internet dragging up the past for no apparent reason whatsoever. It isn't taught in schools. It's over, finished, in the past, and most Brits couldn't tell you much about it. Time you got over it!
The Falklands war was in the eighties. And mega rich, spoiled, middle class twits like Clarkson, aren't representative of Bits in general. Obviously. :facepalm:
I am not going thru dozens of posts to find examples of this, surely it's most often in jest, but I can't see how you have not seen posts by guys talking about how folks should see it their way, the proper civilized way an so on. I never said I think most or even that many think this, I just know I've seen it. and obviously the Argentinians believed this was going on with Top Gear.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

It would be more of an English attitude than a Scottish or Welsh attitude.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:It would be more of an English attitude than a Scottish or Welsh attitude.
The Scots and the Welsh are too tight to give attitude, aren't they?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic