Burning Remains of Pregnant Woman Found in Phnom Penh (UPDATE: Arrest Made)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Burning Remains of Pregnant Woman Found in Phnom Penh (UPDATE: Arrest Made)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On June 29, 2019, at around 11:30 pm, some local people made a gruesome discovery when they found the remains of a burning body on a small country road in Sangkat Bakheng, Khan Chroy Changvar, Phnom Penh.
After a forensic examination, the police determined that the charred body was that of a woman who was 8 months pregnant, and the murderer had strangled her to death and raped her, before putting her body in a suitcase to transport to the scene. The suitcase containing the woman's body was was then set on fire by the roadside.

The police are searching to identify the victim and have launched an appeal on social media for anyone who has a missing relative corresponding to the description of the deceased. Call 015 88 88 79 / 017 81 81 71 .
Uncensored versions of the photos are posted on the darknet forum.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Burning Remains of Pregnant Woman Found in Phnom Penh

Post by rozzieoz »

The poor darling. Im guessing someone didn’t want his wife to find out his girlfriend was pregnant.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

RIP to that poor lady.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Is this a different one to the lady burned last week? Wasn't there another (male?) burned the week before.... What is it with all the burnings suddenly I wonder? I mean sure I guess traditionally that is what happens when one dies in Cambodia but usually at a proper ceremony. RIP to both
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:19 pm Is this a different one to the lady burned last week? Wasn't there another (male?) burned the week before.... What is it with all the burnings suddenly I wonder? I mean sure I guess traditionally that is what happens when one dies in Cambodia but usually at a proper ceremony. RIP to both
Different cases. Last week was a man in Kratie, and the most recent case is a woman in Phnom Penh.
newsworthy/can-cans-cambodia-catch-the- ... 29859.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: A Chinese Man Arrested for the Murder of his Mistress
Phnom Penh, Cambodia Breaking News: Colonel Baov Vibol said that a Chinese man, Yang Yang, 28, holding Chinese passport number ED*******, has been arrested at THE PARK WAY at Street 273, Toul Sangkei 1, Russey Keo, Phnom Penh. He was wanted for the murder of Chinese woman, Miao Xiaolin, on 29 June 2019.
According to Yang Yang's confession, he entered the country in October 2016 to work at The PARK WAY on Street 273, in Phnom Penh.In 2018, he met the victim, Miao Xiaolin, and they became lovers, meeting at a local guesthouse.

On June 29, 2019, the victim told her lover that she was pregnant, but he said he didn't want a baby because he already has a wife, and they had a fight. He threw the woman down and knocked her unconscious.
Then the man went to Psar Thmey and bought a large suitcase for $80, and put the woman's body inside. At 8pm that evening, he took a Lexus RX 330 white Label Number Phnom Penh 2 AM-1334 with the suitcase in the trunk and a bottle of petrol. He stopped on a deserted roadside in Khan Chroy Changvar, and set fire to the suitcase. The killer then left for China on 6 July.
However, after a few weeks, the Chinese man thought it was safe to come back, and he returned to Cambodia on 22 July to take up his job at The Parkway. But Cambodian police were on his trail, and as the victim's lover, the Chinese man was a prime suspect, and he was arrested when he turned up at his work.
The suspect has been questioned and he has confessed to murder, so his case will be prepared and sent before the court.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Burning Remains of Pregnant Woman Found in Phnom Penh (UPDATE: Arrest Made)

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz wrote:The poor darling. Im guessing someone didn’t want his wife to find out his girlfriend was pregnant.
I guess his wife knows about it now.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm
rozzieoz wrote:The poor darling. Im guessing someone didn’t want his wife to find out his girlfriend was pregnant.

And she is a very lucky lady. No-one should have to live with a person that is capable of doing that sort of thing to another person.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm

And she is a very lucky lady. No-one should have to live with a person that is capable of doing that sort of thing to another person.
Yeah, unbelievably sick. The disposal of her body was horribly planned in cold blood. If he hadn't come back to Cambodia, I guess he would have got away with it ?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: The police investigation in this case was assisted by forensic technical officers of the Child Protection Unit (CPU), who identified the victim by DNA samples. Once the victim was identified, the murderer was traced by searching the films on the security cameras at the victim's guesthouse.
ImageRIP
The forces from the Ministry of Interior and the Cambodian National Police also worked in cooperation with the Chinese National Police to track down the killer and bring him to justice.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic