Toddler eaten by crocs SR

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Toddler eaten by crocs SR

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Surprised no one has posted about this yet.

Came across a live Facebook feed earlier, some guys beating a bunch off crocs off with sticks trying to recover something they were munching on, a lot of screaming and crying in the background.

Turns out it was what was left of a 2 year old child, just the skull :'( Made me ill once I knew what those crocs were fighting over.

Child of the croc farm owners, mother was too busy looking after new born, 2 year old wandered off and fell into croc pit. Apparently there was a fence but it was easy for kids to get through. Makes me fucking mad! How fucking irresponsible of the parents/croc farm owners!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Toddler eaten by crocs SR

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:23 pm Link to Khmer Times article
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50619288/c ... enclosure/
Tragic news.
June 30, 2019
Child eaten after falling into crocodile enclosure
A two-year-old girl was killed by crocodiles on her family’s farm in Siem Reap province’s Siem Reap city today after she wandered off into the enclosure alone, police said.

Captain Chem Chamnan, municipal deputy police chief, identified the victim as Rom Roath Neary, a two-year-old girl who was found dead at her family’s crocodile farm in Siem Reap city at 10am this morning.

“Her father only found her skull in the crocodile enclosure, where she was killed by crocodiles,” he said.

Lieutenant Och Sophen, chief of Siem Reap commune police, said that on the day of the incident, the girl was home with her mother.

Lt Sophen noted that the family had recently welcomed a newborn baby. As the mother was busy taking care of the baby, she lost sight of her elder daughter, he added. When the father came home at 10am, he found his daughter’s skull in the crocodile enclosure, he said.
KT.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Heart-breaking. RIP little one.

Warning: What you are about to see can not be unseen.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Thanks for the warning yes I don't want to see
Poor little girl so sad
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Most Cambodians dont understand the concept of safety.

In Australia, it would be impossible for a child to get into a place like that. If this sort of thing ever did happen, they would be sued for a lot of money.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

explorer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 am
In Australia, it would be impossible for a child to get into a place like that. If this sort of thing ever did happen...
...they would apologise

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-01-03/ ... unt/114454
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 am Most Cambodians dont understand the concept of safety.

In Australia, it would be impossible for a child to get into a place like that. If this sort of thing ever did happen, they would be sued for a lot of money.
Very true, but at the same time, I know of no cases of Cambodian children being eaten by dingos. Australia and Cambodia appear to be different in many aspects, perhaps as Cambodia becomes more wealthy and the people get better educated the differences will be less obvious.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 am Most Cambodians dont understand the concept of safety.

Another ridiculous generalisation from...
Who cares what goes on in perfect Australia? If it's so good how come most of the people from there...

[Mod edit: removed personal insults]
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Despite being perfect and accidents never happening in Australia I can’t think how these happened....

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/major-amuse ... -australia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic