And the Ebola keeps on Ebolaing...

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DavidJones
Tourist

Re: And the Ebola keeps on Ebolaing...

Post by DavidJones »

Nothing is going to happen, until it hits an 'important' country. You'll see.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Well the hajj is on now with something like 80K pilgrims coming from the hot zone.
Mr Obama announced that he is sending 3k troops to the region to set up field hospitals and contain teh epidemic ( as if ).
Said it is now a "Global" rather than national security concern, and the nature of the danger is the near certainty that even more infectious mutations will emerge as the numbers of infected increase.
CDC announced that infection had gone "nearly exponential" in the past 10 days, and the outbreak was "historic".
Several academics have recently revisited the accounts of the "black plague" and assigned ebola rather than bubonic as the cause.

I heard a lot of this on the ABC ( gov funded) radio this morning so cannot cite sources.

hehe, looking back over this i realize i broke character and used caps.

shows how shit scared i am of this virus.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

I had to fill out a health declaration form last week when I arrived back in PP from a 3 week jaunt to Europe. I was concerned as I had a cough from a cold and the stewardess was telling me I needed to declare it. Turned out that they just collected the forms, handed you a information sheet, nobody even looked twice.
Using Tapatalk
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Looks like the world has finally started to take notice with the case in dallas.
wtf will happen when it comes here?
it will you know.

might be a general global air quarantine.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Yeah, it's grim thinking about it in a country with WYSIWYG hygiene - er, none.

Someone needs to warn those bargirls that cavort with the dark side.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:I had to fill out a health declaration form last week when I arrived back in PP from a 3 week jaunt to Europe. I was concerned as I had a cough from a cold and the stewardess was telling me I needed to declare it. Turned out that they just collected the forms, handed you a information sheet, nobody even looked twice.
Yeah, they mostly are only paying attention now to if you have a fever or not. Apparently its the key symptom.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

The media always love to scare everybody shitless over hot new diseases that kill a few thousand while the boring old ones kill millions. Good thing Thailand has cured this Ebola thing: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sirira ... ent-ebola/ I'm thinking it could be quite painful injecting Tiger Balm into the bloodstream though :)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Mrs Stroppy wrote:I had to fill out a health declaration form last week when I arrived back in PP from a 3 week jaunt to Europe. I was concerned as I had a cough from a cold and the stewardess was telling me I needed to declare it. Turned out that they just collected the forms, handed you a information sheet, nobody even looked twice.
Yeah, they mostly are only paying attention now to if you have a fever or not. Apparently its the key symptom.
I have to dodge the thermal scanners in Thailand airports as I'm always 1.5 degrees (C) hotter than other folk... must be the werewolf blood. Hopefully they're not going to start that nonsense in Bodge.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

They're already scanning in PP airport...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

DavidJones wrote:Nothing is going to happen, until it hits an 'important' country. You'll see.

To me this seems like the perfect terrorists weapon . No need to wear a vest with explosives, just infect themselves with the disease and fly to the country of choice and spread it by spitting on your hands and then handling food at the markets that do not have to be cooked , like bread.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic