how to deal with the cheating

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: how to deal with the cheating

Post by Kammekor »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:47 pm In NYC the police did a sting with Asian officers getting taxis at JFK and pretending to be Chinese tourists. Over 90% of the taxis charged more than the allowed fare into Manhattan with one taxi driver demanding $400 from the cop for his ride. Screwing foreigners is not something that happens in KOW or LOS, it is just that we are the foreigners now. If you had your bananas and you had paid why not just walk away as another poster had suggested?
I once suffered from a long delay on Amsterdam airport and at the end of the day I was taken to hotel in the city by a free shuttle bus, waiting for a flight the next day, together with other passengers in the same situation.

Whenever a foreigner was dropped off at his free hotel the driver tried to collect 25 EUR from the poor tourist. Some paid him...... Scamsterdam?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:50 pm I like my small oranges, and for quite a while I was buying from one of the stalls in the old market east side. Same price, whichever one of the several stalls. Then one day, as other stories above, one of the stalls was run by someone else that I didn’t recognise. New barang price was double, and all of a sudden all those small stalls were trying to charge me double, including the first old girl who I was originally buying from.
New price, new price. And also more expensive than at Sorya, by 1000r. New new price as I walked away came down, but no thanks. As I tend to buy 2-3 times a week, and a lot of other fruit, too, they screwed themselves. Maybe they don’t care, I don’t.
If there was a bit of cheeky banter and good humour, then I might have thought differently. But the one who instigated it was plain rude, with it.

So now we buy from the west side of the market, same as the old price, and mostly herself does the buying now because she gets embarrassed when I shout the chancers down.
The old market has a reputation for being more expensive than Kandal market. That is supposed to be because bar girls use it, but that would apply more to the clothes than the food. For whatever reason it is also more expensive for food.
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

Maybe a little off topic but where can I get good meat?
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

^^Dan meats has been good so far, but I've only bought a few things.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:25 pm Scamsterdam?
Amsterscam
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

A10 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:45 pm ^^Dan meats has been good so far, but I've only bought a few things.
Thanks! It’s really close so I will check it out.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Some people live their daily lives here in such pain. I feel so bad for the original poster and his hard life. Hopefully he recovers.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

how abou getting the phone out and filming the incidient? if you know a bit of khmer, you might even interrogate the seller why the price suddenly changed. be sure to make it loud enough, so everybody around you can hear it, and don't forget to mention that you will post the video on almighty FB. :stir:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

fax wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:25 pm Scamsterdam?
Amsterscam
Scamsterscam
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

A10 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:45 pm ^^Dan meats has been good so far, but I've only bought a few things.
In particular Dan's beef is good. They told me they are the only seller in Cambodia that hangs beef for three days. It is not chewy like the rest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic