A Question For Our Brothers In Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Question For Our Brothers In Thailand

Post by sigmoid »

Methinks it won't be for much longer.
Several different outcomes are possible, but is this one of them considering that the whole point of the coup is to protect the monarchy and manage the succession?

By what scenario do you envision this complete change of system occurring?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
notax
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by notax »

phuketrichard wrote:This coup is definitely different than all the previous ones

when he goes, the military wants to be firmly in control ( either thru election or continue under military rule)

otherwise Thailand will be like Syria.
we all know it an are waiting patiently

I dont know any that have been here long time on the correct visa even thinking of leaving.
Well I lived here in Thailand soon 13 years, Phuket, Koh Chang and Pattaya and I seriously thinking of leaving,no wrong I will leave soon and I have always had the correct visa, what ever that is? The correct visa have to be the one that let you stay legally ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I said " I dont know any that ..."
I dont know you.

great for u,
i have lived here 30 years and many of my friends have been here 20++ and none are leaving, Most have homes, wife's, Kids, Jobs, ties to the community etc.
those include ones living in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket an various small places around

Have a good life wherever u end up.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
thaierd
Tourist

Post by thaierd »

I be one step ahead of you? I am just uncertain where to go this winter? I am over 50. I was informed that Thailand will issue me a proper visa? At the same time they also politely informed me. That Thai immigration may not allow me to enter Thailand at any point of entry? I was also politely informed that I would not qualify for a 30 day free visa on arrival. If that were to occur. Where would that leave someone like myself? Locked up abroad ? This information was given to me after they ran my name. And even after they acknowledged that I had the proper visa.And that I had fully complied in the past. At my age lock up might not be the adventure I be looking for.555
notax
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by notax »

Hi Thaierd
Well nothing surprise me anymore with this idiots but it sound like you have to many turist visas or study to long? You can always get a Non O visa in Lao for retirement or study, well you should be able to get one.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

I am so pleased I sold my house and truck in Thailand and sent the money back to UK 9 months ago!!!
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
NokTang
Expatriate

Re: A Question ers In Thailand

Post by NokTang »

There is rumor of a new property tax aimed at farangs. We shall see. Basically, if you don't have a lot of money and none invested in Thailand, you don't even pay attention to military coups. Correct and legal VISA's are still for sale here, at the same prices.

A retirement VISA(you must be 50 plus) will set you back 25,000.baht( inclusive of a multiple re-entry)(Apx. $850.USD)
Under 50 is still the Education VISA and about the same price.
90 day Tourist VISA ext. 10,000.baht(no re-entry)

In all my years here, I've never heard of anyone getting busted for an illegal VISA when they use these agencies. But, it remains illegal to use them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic