Best season for mongering in Phnom penh ?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Best season for mongering in Phnom penh ?

Post by whatwat »

All comments noted and in my little red book. Tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
mcbike
Tourist
Canada

Post by mcbike »

Assuming the goal is the best selection, is there a preferred season?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

mcbike wrote:Assuming the goal is the best selection, is there a preferred season?

I believe they go to the provinces to harvest the virgins just before each tourist season. “Come for Christmas” ;)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

prostitution is technically illegal. not sure we should be aiding and abetting those who are unable to get laid at home or too stingy to pay for it at home to partake of illegal activity in Cambodia. if you are a real cheapskate try the uk, loads of cheap sex available in any poor area due to the new government "benefits" system called Universal Credit. Especially designed for Tory MP's who want a quickie on the way home
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I am ashamed of only a few things I've done in my life. I'm also proud of a few things. One thing is I never got a STD. Because of reading this book:

Joy of Solo Sex by Harold Litten - Goodreads
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I'm blind and have hair on my palms. :D
You could be next.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Marty wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 am I am ashamed of only a few things I've done in my life. I'm also proud of a few things. One thing is I never got a STD. Because of reading this book:

I'd rather die from an STD than leading such a sad "solo sex" life, to be honest. But each to his own!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

OP asked a question in good faith, and got mockery and derision for sticking his neck out. So this is just speculation on my part.

Right now the coronavirus has reduced tourism across the board. Flights and hotels are running specials and lowering prices in response. I would suspect that all things tourist related will also be dropping in price. The mainland Chinese tourist big spenders aren’t as many as before and so the average foreigner has better pickings.

So to answer the OP question, now would be the best time.

Of course some Khmer double down and rise prices in the face of decreased demand, running the risk of having no customers at all.

There is at least one member who manages a few of the girlie bars and could give a more accurate picture.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I was walking down 136 or 104 probably a couple of years ago now when 2 tourist dudes came up to me asking where the cheap sex was. They pretty much said they were looking for the cheapest around so i said there were probably some cheap grizzlies to be had in bunny bar, but they still insisted they wanted even cheaper than that. I'm fairly sure i told them to go stroll around Wat Phnom. I can't imagine that ended well.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Alex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:28 am
Marty wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 am I am ashamed of only a few things I've done in my life. I'm also proud of a few things. One thing is I never got a STD. Because of reading this book:

I'd rather die from an STD than leading such a sad "solo sex" life, to be honest. But each to his own!
Once in a while sex with someone else can be nice too. But just curious which STD you would rather die from? I can describe what its like. Former friends told me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic