Traveling to Madagascar and Kenya

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Traveling to Madagascar and Kenya

Post by Sidewalker »

On the moment I'm in Antananarivo, capital of Madagascar and hope to travel later to Kenya (I applied already for a E visa) It's winter here an bloody cold, at 12PM to day 20 C. At night 11 C.
But I'm very happy with the air-co, he can cool, but also heating the room.
PS,
No photo's on the moment, the battery of my camera broke down, I expect a new one, end of the week.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling to Madagascar and Kenya

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Sidewalker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm On the moment I'm in Antananarivo, capital of Madagascar and hope to travel later to Kenya (I applied already for a E visa) It's winter here an bloody cold, at 12PM to day 20 C. At night 11 C.
PS,
No photo's on the moment, the battery of my camera broke down, I expect a new one, end of the week.
When you get to Kenya be sure to look up our friend Amit Patel... :stir:

post302680.html#p302680
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm On the moment I'm in Antananarivo, capital of Madagascar and hope to travel later to Kenya (I applied already for a E visa) It's winter here an bloody cold, at 12PM to day 20 C. At night 11 C.
PS,
When you get to Kenya be sure to look up our friend Amit Patel... :stir:

post302680.html#p302680
I'm not interested in that guy!
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Keep in mind that Kenya is considerably less safe than Cambodia. Do not walk at night and if you do get robbed, do not resist unless you want to get killed.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

hanno wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:36 pm Keep in mind that Kenya is considerably less safe than Cambodia. Do not walk at night and if you do get robbed, do not resist unless you want to get killed.
I know, its the same in Antananarivo, but I'm always very careful, never go out after 9-10 PM. I'm not a bar goer.
But anyway, thanks for the warning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Please post pictures. Always been interested in those parts of the world. Surprising that Kenya is so unsafe considering tourism's revenue.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 pm Please post pictures. Always been interested in those parts of the world. Surprising that Kenya is so unsafe considering tourism's revenue.
Most tourist stay in hotels along the beaches, like me. I think the big city's like Nairobi and Mombasa are far more danger's.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Sidewalker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 pm Please post pictures. Always been interested in those parts of the world. Surprising that Kenya is so unsafe considering tourism's revenue.
Most tourist stay in hotels along the beaches, like me. I think the big city's like Nairobi and Mombasa are far more danger's.
My parents used to work in tourism in Kenya. Tourism has never really recovered from the various terrorist attacks, the violence during elections a few years back, etc. This means that many former hospitality workers are out of jobs.

The hotels are safe; but even the beaches or the roads in front of the hotels often are not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic