Looking for Toyota CVT transmission fluid

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Looking for Toyota CVT transmission fluid

Post by A10 »

Hi,

Just bought another Toyota to replace the Prius (smashed) that was bought to replace the old Mercedes. Car equipped with a CVT and I can't find anywhere that sells CVT transmission fluid (Toyota TC compatible, not FE) as apparently they're a bit of a rarity here.

Anyone know of a garage that stocks this stuff? I've been to 5 garages already including the dealership and have given up looking.

Thanks in advance,
A10
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Looking for Toyota CVT transmission fluid

Post by davegorman »

Try these other manufacturers CVT fluid.

A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Any idea where to find either those or aftermarket fluid theN? I'm open for generic CVT fluid that is compatible too, I just haven't had any luck finding some as most try and sell me regular ATF saying "no problem".

EDIT: I think one of the biggest problems is that the mechanics don't believe me when I tell them the car has a CVT since most Yaris are equipped with a 4 speed traditional automatic. Maybe I should just ride my scooter and ask for CVT fluid instead of drive the car...
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/thread ... luid.1432/

Order the genuine stuff off Amazon for peace of mind.

A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

I actually need the TC (or FE spec, but not required) fluid not WS, the one meant for the belted CVT and not the Priuses MG/chain setup. Probably could have worded my original post better, but I no longer have a Prius and the car that replaced it has a CVT (that doesn't take WS fluid).

Also, I'm a bit skittish trying to order anything online here so I'm hoping to find something local, even if it's a bit expensive.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Ok I misunderstood.
You can always use Camboquick to order off Amazon for a little peace of mind. I've used them a couple times for bigger ticket items I didn't want to use my PO box for.

A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Found some, 10th time is a charm. Little hole in the wall looking shop, but the owner/foreman knew his stuff and wasn't giving me the blank stare of doom when I asked for CVT fluid.

Valvoline full synthetic, $60 a gallon (US). Doesn't say it's compatible on the jug since it's a US market fluid, but it meets the specs of Toyota TC fluid just in case anyone was wondering.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Phnom ... 04.9282099
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic