Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by markd »

how was she going to use the bits in the fridge

also did she have 5 husbands

could be schizophrenic
thru shit to more shit
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 pm
SockPuppet wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm Forums at its best as usual: a lot of baseless speculations and everybody is a CSI investigator, a psychoanalyst, and a serial killer profiler.
I can't see many that are really speculating on the forum, but it would be better left alone, same could be said for writings and journalism, stories but that indeed sells.
Isn't this to a degree part and parcel of a discussion forum? Sure, if the husband is reading this and he is indeed innocent, it no doubt would be unpleasant to read the speculation. Then again, speculation on this case is rife on social media more generally..many khmers and expats are doing this on Facebook for instance.

This is largely due, I think, to the public 'walk through' of the crime that we witnessed on the earlier video. Something that I would never see for instance in my home country. So that is naturally gonna generate a lot of public discussion and with it, speculation.. And of course, this is all close to home for a lot of local people and expats.

Such a horrific, tragic crime this is. Especially for the siblings of those involved.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

This is terrible news. I feel so sorry for the families involved. I think the speculation is over the top. We shall probably never know the whole story. I am not comfortable with the CCTV allegedly showing the eldest kid riding the victims moto.
I am dealing with a totally mad Khmer woman at the moment. The behaviour is not like anything I have ever experienced. Some Khmers seem to have more than one psychiatric condition at the same time. There are supposedly few women narcissists but I have one.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

willyhilly wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm Some Khmers seem to have more than one psychiatric condition at the same time. There are supposedly few women narcissists but I have one.
I don't think she acted alone. I waded through all the posts to see if there were any mentions of the oldest son getting rid of the victims moto. After 5 marriages, I'd think her and at least her oldest have been through rough times and have had each other's back through thick and thin.

I feel bad for all involved especially the victims family.

Why on Earth would the f-ing police hand an insulated cooler of body parts to the daughter and in front of news cameras???
Still here, in country...
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm
willyhilly wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm Some Khmers seem to have more than one psychiatric condition at the same time. There are supposedly few women narcissists but I have one.
I don't think she acted alone. I waded through all the posts to see if there were any mentions of the oldest son getting rid of the victims moto. After 5 marriages, I'd think her and at least her oldest have been through rough times and have had each other's back through thick and thin.

Why on Earth would the f-ing police hand an insulated cooler of body parts to the daughter and in front of news cameras???
I find it hard to believe the husband was drugged repeatedly over the course of a number of days and remained unaware of the body. When also taken into consideration that the husband was aware of his wife doing some horrible things in the past which he did not act upon, I would not be surprised to find out he at least knew about what was going on
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

willyhilly wrote:This is terrible news. I feel so sorry for the families involved. I think the speculation is over the top. We shall probably never know the whole story. I am not comfortable with the CCTV allegedly showing the eldest kid riding the victims moto.
I am dealing with a totally mad Khmer woman at the moment. The behaviour is not like anything I have ever experienced. Some Khmers seem to have more than one psychiatric condition at the same time. There are supposedly few women narcissists but I have one.
Sell your freezer!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm

I find it hard to believe the husband was drugged repeatedly over the course of a number of days and remained unaware of the body. When also taken into consideration that the husband was aware of his wife doing some horrible things in the past which he did not act upon, I would not be surprised to find out he at least knew about what was going on
What were these horrible things she did in the past and which ones did he know about and failed to react?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I don't know anything about that, I was simply quoting her own words from the confession video. The shitty reporting on this topic makes actual facts hard to come by. I am sticking to eyewitness testimony for now, from the perp, the daughter and brother of the victim for details. All the rest is just conjecture and crap at this point.
I agree with this. Anyone who is familiar with Khmer news will know that sometimes they can get the facts totally wrong. The Khmer rumour mill on Facebook is quite something when it gets going, and the news outlets pick up comments on social media and post them as facts. But we all know that, (don't we?). Expat sites are, or should be, well aware that precautions need to be taken with Khmer news reports when everybody gets over-excited.

Note that for the moment, there has been no new information on the husband, except for forum chat and social media. So, yes, I agree with this:
All the rest is just conjecture and crap at this point.

As for forums, I thought that outing forum members was a no-no on both forums, and IMO posting the husband's name on a public forum, when it's not even mentioned in the news, was a pretty crappy thing to do considering the presumption of innocence and lack of any charges. (Not CEO or I would complain :mob: )
If it's mentioned in the news, then it's in the public domain and fair enough, but this seems like a low blow to me, and I don't even know the guy or if he is also a member here on CEO.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Arget wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 pm What were these horrible things she did in the past and which ones did he know about and failed to react?
Based on post from the other forum. She had made candy with glass inside and threw it near neighbors home because she wanted to gravely harm their 4-year-old child.

If my woman was pulling that kind of stunt, I'm long gone.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 pm
Arget wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 pm What were these horrible things she did in the past and which ones did he know about and failed to react?
Based on post from the other forum. She had made candy with glass inside and threw it near neighbors home because she wanted to gravely harm their 4-year-old child.

If my woman was pulling that kind of stunt, I'm long gone.
Wow.. just fcking wow!!
That puppy is sick
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic