Oncology questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Oncology questions

Post by samrong01 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm
samrong01 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm Unlike many others I do not have a high opinion of medical services in Thailand. I was misdiagnosed twice in Thailand before returning to New Zealand to get a correct diagnosis. In fairness there are a number of very expensive tests involved to obtain a correct diagnosis. The quote from Dr Sokha is very interesting and sounds like Calmette is the place to go. I must say I personally have not had a bad experience at Calmette - quite the contrary. I wonder if they do their blood tests in-house or is there an outside laboratory that could accept blood from Siem Reap? It seems probable that the Zapoclonic Acid drip is only available at Calmette.
They do their tests in house, if they can. I personally have experienced a false negative on one blood test at Calmette, so I don't trust their lab too much. But in Cambodia you options are usually limited.

I guess for sophisticated tests they will outsource to Ho Chi Minh or Bangkok.
Thanks for the information about the tests. Luckily my test is not a positive or negative but a value. Any value over zero indicates the presence of the disease. The higher the number the worse it is. I now have the email of Professor Sokha and will try asking him directly about the drip and blood test. I have no interest in looking at neighbouring countries as, if I decide on a further course of treatment, I will return to New Zealand. I am only interested in monitoring the disease when in Cambodia. Appreciate everyone trying to help me.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

it would be great if you could keep us posted on the progress of your therapies in kow. this has the makings of a thread of distinction as it certainly touches deep emotions here.
thru shit to more shit
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

kamekor i dont think i was being rude & really its upto the op to decide if they felt i was being rude

the op referred to bad stories at calmette

another bm referred to not being honest

another suggestion was to go to los. why , whats wrong with the soviet hospital

another poster was misdiagnosed twice in los

yourself referred to a false negative which is the same as my post but in more detail

so i dont think referring to a false negative followed by fuckoff positive is being rude

thru shit to more shit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic