Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm It's shocking to see and hear that she's so 'matter of fact' about things, the details and so on in recounting what had happened. No apparent remorse, emotion etc. It's as though she nearly relished telling the story. Although given she's most likely a psychopath, it should not be surprising I suppose..

Can it not be discounted that she's putting on an act to come across as a crazy lady with a view to getting off on a lighter sentence due to insanity? And that face tic...did she have this before?
She has bad eyesight and always does that without her glasses.

There is no lighter sentence in Cambodia for mentally ill perps. A trip the Prey Sar, with all the crazies running around in there, will cure you of that idea.
Technically she will be placed in CC2 not prey sar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Technically they are called CC1 and CC2 and the surrounding area is called Prey Sar.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm It's shocking to see and hear that she's so 'matter of fact' about things, the details and so on in recounting what had happened. No apparent remorse, emotion etc. It's as though she nearly relished telling the story. Although given she's most likely a psychopath, it should not be surprising I suppose..

Can it not be discounted that she's putting on an act to come across as a crazy lady with a view to getting off on a lighter sentence due to insanity? And that face tic...did she have this before?
She has bad eyesight and always does that without her glasses.

There is no lighter sentence in Cambodia for mentally ill perps. A trip the Prey Sar, with all the crazies running around in there, will cure you of that idea.
Technically she will be placed in CC2 not prey sar
Yes, I know, but my point stands. Cambodian prisons are full of the mentally ill and the courts have no technical skills or desire to categorize perps by mental capacity.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 am
General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 pm
It sounds like the police have already spoken with him, and it seems he had nothing at all to do with this horrific mess. He happens to be a good friend of mine (and several others, I'm sure) for many years, and I just spoke with him very briefly to make sure he was ok, and I think he's in as much shock (ok, MORE shock) as any of us, and I really hope him and the rest of the family can get through this.
So he hasn't done a runner as some earlier reports mentioned?

Edit: I guess it's obvious a lot of local news reports don't get or check the facts right.
I strongly believe that the outlets saying he's on the run are totally false.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

^
I strongly believe that the outlets saying he's on the run are totally false. "The General's quote above".

Iwould agree news here is run on speculation from reporters and miss writings. Such is the below from Khmer Times...…...

Major Ly Savuth, a district military police officer, identified the suspect as Tim Sophal, 35, jobless and living in a rental house in the district’s Chey Chumneas commune.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50613291/w ... me-murder/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

It doesn't seem to all add up to me. The way she regales the story seems too polished, as though she is desperately trying to remember to add all of the bits she thinks will add up and make it believable. I also don't believe that she could do this alone - she would not be able to lift the dead weight of a person of a similar or larger size into that chest freezer I don't think. She did not come across as psychotic imho, more desperate and wanting to be believed.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

terrific story! have known husband for many years and I believe he is completely harmless. Either way, involved or not (if the case I can't believe he would get involved willingly), a terrible situation to find oneself in this wonderous country. Feel sorry for the guy who just wanted to have a family.

Forums at its best as usual: a lot of baseless speculations and everybody is a CSI investigator, a psychoanalyst, and a serial killer profiler.

Just hope this mess will eventually work out the best it can given the circumstances. Thoughts are with families and friends of all involved one or the other way.
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

It just doesn't add up at all. Not only the dead body stuffed away in a rather small freezer (and apparently before it was cut into pieces, how on earth would that fit?), but also consequently the cutting into pieces, wrapping body parts in plastic bags, carrying them from the location of Alamo to the riverside, and throwing them in the river. That would have required several trips up and down. All without help, all done on her own, all completely unnoticed?

Yeah right, if I fart in the middle of the night, my Khmer neighbors will complain the next day...

Felgerkarb mentioned a neighbor has a CCTV camera. That should give some clues as to exactly what happened. However, seeing how police 'investigates' a crime scene here, I'm afraid they haven't safeguarded the footage and it might have been gone already.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SockPuppet wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm terrific story! have known husband for many years and I believe he is completely harmless. Either way, involved or not (if the case I can't believe he would get involved willingly), a terrible situation to find oneself in this wonderous country. Feel sorry for the guy who just wanted to have a family.

Forums at its best as usual: a lot of baseless speculations and everybody is a CSI investigator, a psychoanalyst, and a serial killer profiler.

Just hope this mess will eventually work out the best it can given the circumstances. Thoughts are with families and friends of all involved one or the other way.
I can't see many that are really speculating on the forum, but it would be better left alone, same could be said for writings and journalism, stories but that indeed sells. Better letting the authorities do their work.
Has for psychopath killers, history and fact would prove many had worked alone.
I had only visited the café once, and that was because, I had read about it on this site, unfortunately we did not eat, due to them not having the ingredient's over the holiday time, she was very apologetic over this, we stayed a little while and had a drink and a pleasant chat with the husband and the few customers.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Does that cop clip her behind the head at 14:26 or does it just look that way?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic