Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Bubble T wrote:He's a good human being and I don't believe for one moment that he played any knowing part in this.

She clearly had help from someone, if only to lift the corpse into the freezer, but it won't have been him.
She does mention that once the kid went outside, she then rolled the freezer into the bedroom (you'll notice it's on wheels). Once in there, she tilted it to the side, and put her partially in, then pushed it up (or something like that). It also crossed my mind that someone (elder child, husband etc) might have stumbled upon her after the murder and somehow got involved/gotten recruited into the whole mess, and that she's now just trying to keep them out of it. It would definitely be very hard to shove a limp body alone into a freezer, especially since the victim appears a bit rotund (though she might have been quite short).

Anyways, it's possible she got help but it's also not in the realm of the impossible for her to have done it all alone. A bit of adrenaline goes a long way in cases like these.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Pragmatist
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Pragmatist »

Seems like there is many holes to this story, its pretty difficult to move a body being 2 ppl, moving it it alone is close to impossible,

Easy answer would be the husband obv but i used to live not far from them old home near toul sleng and the guy was looking in uncomfortable physical shape to pull up this. but to be honest its pretty difficult forme to think he didnt know shit about it, i cannot blame him anyway, i will probaly try to help my wife too if i ever happen to be in that kind of situation.

The lady killed was indeed the lotto lady of psar kadal, its kind of a sensible buisness might be way more to the story than the classic '' i didnt wanna lose face''

She seems relax as hell too for someone who is about to take 25 to life, maybe there is more money involved than a few Millions riels.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

June 12, 2019
Woman held over friend’s gruesome murder
Phnom Penh Military Police on Monday arrested a woman who allegedly killed a friend and chopped the body into pieces over a debt in Daun Penh district on June 3.

Major Ly Savuth, a district military police officer, identified the suspect as Tim Sophal, 35, jobless and living in a rental house in the district’s Chey Chumneas commune.

He identified the victim as Kim Yaneang, 40, a widow and hairdresser living in Russey Keo district’s Tuol Sangke commune.

Maj Savuth noted that both women were close friends and Ms Sophal had borrowed about $6,000 from Ms Yaneang.

He said that on June 2 the victim visited the suspect to ask for her money and Ms Sophal told her that she did not have it.

Maj Savuth said that at about 9am the next day Ms Yaneang returned to the suspect’s house and asked for her money again.

He said Ms Sophal took a big stick and hit the victim on the neck before strangling her to death after she fell unconscious.

Maj Savuth noted that the suspect then chopped the body in smaller pieces, put them into garbage bags and later threw them into the river in front of the Royal Palace.

He noted that when her mother did not return home, Ms Yaneang’s daughter Pich Sievmey, 17, alerted the Daun Penh district military police that she had gone to visit the suspect and had disappeared.

Maj Savuth said that the at about 10 am on Sunday, a passerby saw a person’s leg and hand floating in the river and alerted police.

He said that police suspected that the parts may have been the victim’s and at about 8pm on Monday went to arrest Ms Sophal for questioning.

“After her arrest and during interrogation, the suspect admitted committing the crime,” Maj Savuth said. “She confessed that she killed the victim because she had owed her money for several months and could not repay her.”

“She confessed that at first she hit Ms Yaneang on the neck with a big stick before strangling her and chopping the body into pieces,” he added.

Maj Savuth noted that Ms Sophal kept the body parts in her house and went to throw the garbage bags in the river later that night.

He said the suspect has been accused of premeditated murder and faces life in prison if convicted.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50613291/w ... me-murder/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 pm
It sounds like the police have already spoken with him, and it seems he had nothing at all to do with this horrific mess. He happens to be a good friend of mine (and several others, I'm sure) for many years, and I just spoke with him very briefly to make sure he was ok, and I think he's in as much shock (ok, MORE shock) as any of us, and I really hope him and the rest of the family can get through this.
So he hasn't done a runner as some earlier reports mentioned?

Edit: I guess it's obvious a lot of local news reports don't get or check the facts right.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

GF says the khmers think both are guilty
andy_morris
Expatriate

Post by andy_morris »

frank lee bent wrote:GF says the khmers think both are guilty
"the khmers".....

That's quite a survey she's conducted.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Around the 11 minute mark of the freshnews video she's got her knives in her hand and says something like

"oh, police! Be careful, these are sharp, I might cut you up too"

Extraordinary.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

At her work, probably fairly representative given the nature of the local rumor mill
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I wonder what else she’s done.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

How did she get caught?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic