Hostess Bars bargain beer prices

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Hostess Bars bargain beer prices

Post by Kuroneko »

Joker Poker wrote:Interesting thread and I want to put in a detailed response to a few posters but can't do it justice at the moment because of other things going on.

Just wanted to chip in with having gone to Glamorous bar a couple of evenings ago - $2.50 per can for Anchor and $3.75 for standard lady drinks (confirmed on their drink menu) I can't recall any hostess bar having prices that high. I had only been in once before and suddenly realised why I never bothered going back. They had one luke warm Anchor can and no ice. I asked the staff what the best selling canned beer was - 'Anchor' the unanimous reply! How is this still in business??? Really piss poor effort - 0/10.
Try White Love Bar on Sisawath Quay. Not sure of current prices but previously - Lady drinks $5, Tiger draft $5, or free pour on selected drinks $40 per hour. To be fair the girls can sing in addition to other accomplishments :D
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Kuroneko wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Interesting thread and I want to put in a detailed response to a few posters but can't do it justice at the moment because of other things going on.

Just wanted to chip in with having gone to Glamorous bar a couple of evenings ago - $2.50 per can for Anchor and $3.75 for standard lady drinks (confirmed on their drink menu) I can't recall any hostess bar having prices that high. I had only been in once before and suddenly realised why I never bothered going back. They had one luke warm Anchor can and no ice. I asked the staff what the best selling canned beer was - 'Anchor' the unanimous reply! How is this still in business??? Really piss poor effort - 0/10.
Try White Love Bar on Sisawath Quay. Not sure of current prices but previously - Lady drinks $5, Tiger draft $5, or free pour on selected drinks $40 per hour. To be fair the girls can sing in addition to other accomplishments :D
Hmm, not been in that one as I avoid the places that target Japanese. I can't imagine that their singing would be my bag, but perhaps you can PM me about their other accomplishments 8-)
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

@PSD Kiwi

what is strange is not that she's not kissing customers like all the other girls but that she managed to keep her sanity while working in such a toxic and sleazy environment.

there's plenty of shy frigid girls entering a bar for fun and profit, they're naive and don't know what to expect.
after 6-12 months in the bar they're totally different persons and their most noticeable acquired skill is they become professional liars.

15 yrs is quite a fucking long time, i really want to believe you but she must be a rare unique case, a unicorn ...
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

Kuroneko wrote:

Not sure about singing but if they hum while they yum it feels good!!!!!
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

I cant believe what a dive 104 turned into. 8/10 Girls are just awful to even look at at. As my khmer boss says "mango shaped srey" Then the hot ones are to busy having a debauchee old australian licking her face like jobba the hut

(Im from Perthhhh Oyyyyy! give em sum suggaaaa!Riiiiiggghhhhttt).

The hottest chick I know is in air force me and my best friend call her angkor wat. Cause of the amount of tourist that have been knee deep in her snatch. Shes definitely more visited then the shooting range and phnom chisor combined. Shes gotta average 200-300 new dick a year. :bow:

I like going to really off the beaten path girly bars. I get the music to myself...cheap prices. Girls are...well as we say in N.Y "Menza Menzz"

KTVs fucking suck. Been there done that. Girls at pantoon have either HIV or are thieves. The Fishbowl girls look literally like seas creatures. I do have a secret location that my Indian friend showed me. But Im a bitch and afraid of going.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

jah steu wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:How can a bar justify a $4.50 Baileys as a lady drink? I was at a bar recently and one of the girls told me about it (she wasn't angling for one, just explaining the prices). I was a bit shocked because the drink would be 80% ice with a nip tossed in. How the fuck is $3 not more than enough? As for paying $3.50 for a glass of ice with a bit of coke in it...
When you buy a ladydrink you are not really paying for the drink, but for the girl's company. So it is irrelevant really what is in the ladydrink. You are paying $3- $3.50 for maybe 20 minutes of a friendly (hopefully) attractive Khmer girl's time.

All 'premium' ladydrinks are generally priced at $1 more than the customer price for the same drink. So a $3.50 Baileys will cost $4.50 as a ladydrink. This is because $1 or $1.50, depending on the bar, goes to the girl. A premium ladydrink has a full 50ml shot in it.
A standard ladydrink (typically 15ml rum with some coke) is either $3 or $3.50.

Some customers do not seem to grasp this concept of the ladydrink price being for the girl's time and insist on the girl drinking a series of full measures, or full beers, as if their sole purpose and enjoyment is to make the girl drunk or vomit.

Other customers (fortunately the majority) do not care at all what the girls drink - they just want to spend some time with the girl and they realise that the girl is usually much happier and relaxed drinking a standard weak rum and coke ladydrink.
It would seem you run a bar. The best time I had was a girl I found IN MY GUESTHOUSE. $10. Lovely event. Barfines in Cambodia are even MORE offensive than in Thailand. TOTAL bullshit. I don't want to hear bullshit about lost time, overhead, etc. I was not born yesterday. It's CAMBODIA dammit, and I am NOT paying double my drink for a girls "company". What? she's gonna have gleaming insight into world finance? she's gonna give me half a hummer? NO. She's gonna sit there and smile and fake being interested, even though we BOTH know she has NO IDEA what I'm on about. You guys that drop bucks in hostess bars either have way too much income or way too small brains. I am sure there are regular girls that would be easy to spend time with doing much better things than sitting in a dark, shitty bar with crap music.

I suggest y'all just give me your money and I'll chop it in half and set you up on a short date with some food vendor girl. :P

Then again you ARE in PP, so that's a test result in and of itself.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

I will go and help some of these Hostess bars and their girls tonight. I feel like a good drink.
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

peter.storm wrote:I will go and help some of these Hostess bars and their girls tonight. I feel like a good drink.
Lol .... and we know how that ended up :friends:
bangkok74
Tourist

Post by bangkok74 »

peter.storm wrote:I was married to a western girl for 10 years, when we divorced it cost me best part of a million dollars!!!! She was a so called good girl.

All women cost it is just that some are more expensive than others!!!

At least with an ex bargirl you negotiate the price per month upfront and don't go in thinking she is a good girl only to find that after six months your so called good girl wants you to buy her a car or she is leaving!!!!
i agree absolut right evry girls have budget for your walet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic