Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

This subject has flushed the psychopaths out from under their rocks.
It certainly makes me see some posters in a new light.
There is no place for jokes in this matter.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by andy1 »

Sounds like the husband has had a lucky escape,could have easily been him.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm This subject has flushed the psychopaths out from under their rocks.

There's two one liners about ladyfinger and sausage. That's entirely normal, and I'd disagree that it overtly demonstrates that the two posters who made the quips are psychopathic.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm
There's two one liners about ladyfinger and sausage. That's entirely normal, and I'd disagree that it overtly demonstrates that the two posters who made the quips are psychopathic.
There were loads of dumb as fuck joke posts earlier that a moderator removed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm
There were loads of dumb as fuck joke posts earlier that a moderator removed.
Ahh, okay.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm This subject has flushed the psychopaths out from under their rocks.
Not excusing the bad taste comments, but jokes can be a way of dealing with horror. More bad judgement than psychopathy IMO.

I believe the victim was a widow with two kids ? That is heart-breaking. How will they get past this ? Blows my mind.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:31 pm
Not excusing the bad taste comments, but jokes can be a way of dealing with horror. More bad judgement than psychopathy IMO.

I believe the victim was a widow with two kids ? That is heart-breaking. How will they get past this ? Blows my mind.
One 17 year old daughter I am aware of. Her wailing and fainting on the news is...horrific.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I feel pity for the suspect's three children too, they could be very damaged by the unstable background they have grown up in and of course this horrific recent event.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

We would like everyone reading this to be aware that several versions of this event are being published in Khmer media online, so some of these versions must be false.

So far, some Khmer outlets such as areynews and NKDNews suggest that the woman's husband was involved, others say that he was drugged and not involved. Some sources say that the husband is on the run, while "some people say" that he was released after 15 hours of police interrogation. (This remains unconfirmed.) Kampuchea Thmey News says that the woman confessed that she committed the crime alone. TVFB news updated 4 hours ago reports that the suspect said that they had a fight and she followed the victim to the bathroom and killed her.

Two examples of contradictory reporting today :
1/ the husband is implicated in an involved plot with his wife
Updated from NKD News:
The suspect, Tim Sophal, 35-year-old, who lived house no.**, street ***, Sangkat Chey Chumneas, Phnom Penh.
The suspect confessed that she and her foreign husband (her fifth husband) planned to kill the victim because they owed her a lot of money.
At first, they called the victim to go to their house and gave the victim a spiked drink to make the victim unconscious. After that, the suspect and her husband took a knife to cut the body into pieces and put it in black plastic bags. Then they put those parts of the body in the freezer to prevent the smell. On June 03, 2019, after the body was frozen, they took the body to throw in the river little by little. Until June 09, the body was found, and the suspect was arrested while foreigner husband ran away to escape.
2/ the woman killed the victim alone
Updated from Kampuchea Thmey News:
The suspect confessed that she killed the victim alone. However, the police are searching for her foreign husband for questioning.
At the present moment in time, the known facts are that the suspect Tim Sophal has confessed to killing and cutting up the victim. The suspect has a foreign husband who, according to some media sources, may have been implicated in the crime. For the moment, media statements remain contradictory, and CEO is waiting for an official announcement from police.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Wow! I just watched that video above for you guys. A few things to note which others haven't mentioned:
--She'd initially wanted to kill her in the bathroom (with a knife), but was worried about the blood, so strangled her and the poor woman quickly collapsed. She then dragged the body to her kid's room (on the floor, as too heavy), but was worried as the kid was about to come home. She thus locked the door and as her kid came told her to go play outside. Kid has tons of stuff/toys in the room, so asked to go get something before heading back out, but mom said no, go out. The kid is smart and sort of looked at her weird, as she'd never done that before (locked her bedroom door shut). However, the kid saw mom wasn't fooling around so listened to her and went out.
-Her husband was upstairs the whole time (during the murder) and he can't hear anything from there. I didn't quite catch why, but there's an old fan or something up there that's noisy (no money to buy an AC, but he was upstairs).
-Covered the body with the frozen food so family or others wouldn't see.
-As previously mentioned, she's a textbook psychopath. She obviously shows zero remorse, but she also refers to herself as smart several times (after she froze her, the body got too hard to cut, so she lowered the thermostat to thaw her out a bit). Later on she said she was smart again, but then said "smart, but not in a good way", as she kind of glances and realizes that she's surrounded by cops...
-She used four knives to cut her up because the knives got dull so quickly. Started with the knees, then forearms and last was the head. She says it wasn't that difficult because she's good at cutting pork, and it was like cutting pork or steak. The head she didn't know how to get to it, but she thought of a chicken neck and...

Truly one of the craziest stories I've heard since I've been here, and god knows there have been many.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic